Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ohhh great wise people of the forum!

Just wondered if there's any way I can tell if my ST has been previously mapped? (without plugging it in for diagnostics) I've heard people say you can tell by the boost gauge. Every visible component is standard i.e. inter cooler induction exhaust etc...

Only bought it 2 weeks ago from a local garage (who insisted it is standard) but my mate said it pulls a lot better than his, which is 100% standard!?

Thank You

· Registered
4,433 Posts
Cars always seem quicker from the passenger seat too, not sure if you let your mate drive your car. Personally i wouldn't consider letting anyone else drive mine, but each to their own. As others have said if it boosts and holds over 3/4 it is mapped, 1st and 2nd are normally torque restricted so read slightly lower on the boost gauge but 3rd onwards will give you the full boost everyone loves!

P.S. if it isn't mapped and you can afford to get it done, I would highly recommend it! But please do check your insurance is happy for it to be done!!

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stuck it in 3rd and booted it! sticks at around 0.6 bar! ;-) bluefin with free panel filter on its way ;-) thanks everyone! cant wait to drive it mapped! hopefully i get a few miles without clutch slip! otherwise its gonna be more pennys spent on a clutch kit :-(

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how do I go about that mate? was just gonna stick a standard stage 1 on with a panel filter for now and hope for the best never heard of a low tourqe map?. Then i was gonna get a full mongoose with decat and DSCI induction and a new cooler (dont know what yet though) and put a clutch kit it and stick it straight up to stage 3 :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.