Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all please help,

I think I am the proud owner of a 2002 lhd Focus st 170 estate, it looks like one, it has all the st refinements, it has Duratec st on the top of the engine, all the badges etc and it drives very well. However both FordUK and my local Ford garage think here in France it is only a 2.0L zetec engine in an ordinary focus estate going by the vin code.
Can somebody please tell me how I can tell if it has a duratec engine or not because I need to buy the right lambda sensors for it.
As you can appreciate this is driving me round the twist as I've just come off the phone from customer services in the uk who spoke to a technical guy who said that Ford never made a st170 estate and that they don't make vin code mistakes.

please,please help.

regards
dc

·
Registered
773 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Ford didn't make an estate version of the ST170. The badges may have been an aftermarket mod by a wishful owner, and the 'refinements' may have been added as options at time of purchase.

Do you not have any paperwork for it showing the history of the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Foz @ 2 Dec 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check your details on here mate, this should help.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.doP.S - Ford did make an ST170 Estate.Have checked vehicle details and it says: Zetec-E 2.0 EFI (HC)5-Speed Manual - MTX75However on my drive is a car with a 6 speed manual gear box, so what have I got???regardsdcQUOTE(Foz @ 2 Dec 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does you're engine look like this?
YES THATS THE BABY!!!!REGARDSDC

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
QUOTE(LawwaST @ 2 Dec 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To the best of my knowledge, Ford didn't make an estate version of the ST170. The badges may have been an aftermarket mod by a wishful owner, and the 'refinements' may have been added as options at time of purchase.

Do you not have any paperwork for it showing the history of the car?

Not correct, they have and I know of 3 people that have them
. They are quite rare

Also the details in ETIS are wrong if thats what you are getting back.

The car has a Duratech engine, and the 6 speed box then its a ST170 estate.

Edit Pictures.

If you need further help pm if you want.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Either Ford have made a big boo-boo registering the car onto their system, or someone else has been 'creative' with the VIN details from another car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Ronnie @ 2 Dec 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not correct, they have and I know of 3 people that have them
. They are quite rare

Also the details in ETIS are wrong if thats what you are getting back.

The car has a Duratech engine, and the 6 speed box then its a ST170 estate.

Edit Pictures.

that's what I've got but lhd ! so how do I check its a duratec engine??

dc

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE(Lee RS @ 2 Dec 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes they did but very limited production number.......IIRC they were only around 200 examples
But as for how many were lhd and rhd, I have no idea.

I stand corrected - every day is a school day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Ronnie @ 2 Dec 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If under the bonnet it looks like that then you have a ST170

Zetec blacktop engines do look different from those above.

I need some lambda sensors and the last one fitted was item number 1053108 which is not a sensor
for the duratec engine but has been in there 3 years doing what exactly?

dc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts