Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is membership to this site worth the tenner what do you get for £10 are there things in the shop i cant see is there access to more technical advise available would this post be deleted or would it be allowed to fly ???

·
Registered
481 Posts
It has been for me. Being a member i have learnt certain things about the car i never knew. And i have also managed to get my Code Red software and CAIS really cheap

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
get joined and stop being a tight bottom!

you get access to members only private area's and get to use the shout box which is like a mini chat system. You also get access to all the technical areas and get to view the site sponsors latest offers saving you lots more than the £10 membership.

Plus you get a nice tax disc holder and club stickers for your car!

So get it done!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Definately worth a tenner, all thos little niggles that you are unsure about get answered in a matter of minutes usually. You'll read alot of the posts and probably then end up spending 1000's on modding the car! A tenner is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I cant really believe that you have a car that cost £60 to fill up for only 250odd miles and you're asking about a tenner for a years membership!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i give in i will pay the tenner but instead of a tax disc holder can i have an alloy intercooler as i think that gona be me first mod or an exhaust

·
Registered
131 Posts
Without a doubt best tenner you will ever spend stickers are a bonus but i have only been here a few weeks and i have already had all the info i needed plus more you can ask anything here and within a few minutes someone has given there experience or steered you in the right direction of the answer well worth it cheaper than a round of drinks lol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah like how the hell do those front seats actually go back to same position
and also finding out you dont need a ST3 to have footwell lights

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Definately worth a tenner, all thos little niggles that you are unsure about get answered in a matter of minutes usually. You'll read alot of the posts and probably then end up spending 1000's on modding the car! A tenner is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I cant really believe that you have a car that cost £60 to fill up for only 250odd miles and you're asking about a tenner for a years membership!!
mine has been converted to run on lpg and i filled it up today costing me £20 for about 200 miles

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok i give in i will pay the tenner but instead of a tax disc holder can i have an alloy intercooler as i think that gona be me first mod or an exhaust
Top man, welcome to the club! (& if you get an intercooler / exhaust I want them too!)QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine has been converted to run on lpg and i filled it up today costing me £20 for about 200 milesYou are kidding, right?? Mine is a full blown ozone killing maniac and I love it! Do you still get the same power? If not then all I ask is, why?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine has been converted to run on lpg and i filled it up today costing me £20 for about 200 miles

how will remaps and modifications work with the LPG? Is it as fast on LPG?

also you don't need any intercooler as your first mod, most cases its the last thing to get done. The standard intercooler is fine (especially in these temps!) with a remap and an exhaust, but if you want more and you drive it hard then an intercooler is a good third or fourth mod.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(theboy @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps they are Scottish and thats why they are pondering over spending a tenner

i was told off for anti jockism but i thought if there daft enough to drive a pug up a cannal thay earned it

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
QUOTE(bigogger48 @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have parted with the tenner as i am from the northeast it was me only one so no coat again this year

lol, no worries you don't need it anyway, we know its cold when the Geordies reach for a jumper!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts