Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title is this possible? I only got one key when I bought the ST and I'm thinking about getting one off Ebay, getting it cut and then trying to program it myself. Do these instructions work?

Programming of Remote
you will need all your remote's for this
Insert a programmed key into the ignition.
Turn key to position 2 & back four times within 6 second.
Then you turn the ignition off after the fourth turn you should hear a beep to tell you your in programming mode for the next 10 seconds.
Press any button on your new remote ( a tone will be heard when the car accepts the button press ) now do the same with your old remote's too.
Either switch the ignition back on or wait until the timer runs out on the programming mode & your done
Coding key to start the car
Complete each of the following steps within 5 seconds.
Insert first programmed key in the ignition & turn to position 2
Turn the key back to position 0 & remove from the ignition
Insert second programmed key in the ignition & turn to position 2
Turn back to position 0 & remove the second key, the system is now in programming mode.
Now insert you new key & turn to position 2 ( within 10 seconds )
Turn the ignition back to 0 & remove the key & then wait for five seconds.
Now try to start the car with your new key, if done ok the car will start, if its failed then the red LED in the clock will flashes after the ignition is switched on.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
As per title is this possible? I only got one key when I bought the ST and I'm thinking about getting one off Ebay, getting it cut and then trying to program it myself. Do these instructions work?

Programming of Remote
you will need all your remote's for this
Insert a programmed key into the ignition.
Turn key to position 2 & back four times within 6 second.
Then you turn the ignition off after the fourth turn you should hear a beep to tell you your in programming mode for the next 10 seconds.
Press any button on your new remote ( a tone will be heard when the car accepts the button press ) now do the same with your old remote's too.
Either switch the ignition back on or wait until the timer runs out on the programming mode & your done
Coding key to start the car
Complete each of the following steps within 5 seconds.
Insert first programmed key in the ignition & turn to position 2
Turn the key back to position 0 & remove from the ignition
Insert second programmed key in the ignition & turn to position 2
Turn back to position 0 & remove the second key, the system is now in programming mode.
Now insert you new key & turn to position 2 ( within 10 seconds )
Turn the ignition back to 0 & remove the key & then wait for five seconds.
Now try to start the car with your new key, if done ok the car will start, if its failed then the red LED in the clock will flashes after the ignition is switched on.
You could with the old model focus, but i've never heard of anyone doing it with the new model.

Keep us posted how you get on.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
As far as I'm aware the new key can only be programmed by a Ford dealer. And not all of them as they need to have the appropriate kit to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts