Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ford guys! I bought a used focus st 2.0 TDCI 136kw 10/2017 and I have 2 questions. Question 1: Is it normal if, after the engine is switched off and the interior goes out, I hear strange noises from the instrument panel, which will probably stop within 5 minutes? Sounds like something is still shutting down or a stuck CD. There is no CD. Question 2. On the right side of the engine, as soon as the ST engine cover ends, there is one part that I don't know exactly what it is and when the engine is started, it hums softly. I don't know if this is normal or if there are any mistakes in the car. The car has 52,000 km +/- and is from Germany. Thanks for the early advice. Bye

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,674 Posts
There are servo motors that control air distribution flaps inside the car and these reset when the car is shut down so that is likely to be your internal noise :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are not my photos but I mean the part marked with a red arrow (Question 2)
Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Coil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, I noticed something else today. That weird sound like servos in my cocpit pannel,when i turn off the engine, with that sound the fuel tachometer and temperature water tachometer moves. Not all but maybe 1-2 cm up and down. Do you know it? Its normal or its something wrong. Thanks for your time and answer.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,674 Posts
That doesn't sound so normal.
You can reset the electronics by disconnecting the battery for a while.
Check for any fault codes before you do this or they will be lost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts