Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says really. I'm looking at buying one of these. And was wondering is it a tricky job.

Would I need ramps or would jack and axle stands be ok to get underneath. How hard is it relocating the horn aswell.

Sorry for all daft questions. Just seeing if I can save me self 50 odd quid fitting and put that cash towards a remap from Collins

Phil

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
You can do it within an hour with the front jacked up.
It's pretty damn easy.
And the instructions are very clear.
Hardest part is getting the hoses on and off, but this can be made easy with the use of WD40 or brake cleaner to "lube it up"

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I wanted to hear. Glad it seems quite easy to do.

Do AS sell it with instructions then. That will make my life easier

I've got some silicone boost hoses I'm unsure on weather to change them at same time. Or not bother. We get a discount code aswell don't we?

I just got to decide gen 3 or gen 3 with the air scoops now.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I would spend the extra and get the ones with air scoops.

I've got the ordinary Gen3 but have left the air deflectors off as I can't get them on without taking the bumper off!

I'm tempted to upgrade to the one with air scoops, but not sure if I can justify the price.

And yeh, it comes with instructions.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm thinking mate. Just spend abit extra. I take it if I got the one with scoops I would just leave the plastic deflectors off.

I think I'm going for black with white logo. Cause i like it when can see logo at front.

Sweet glad it comes with instructions. Gutted I missed the group buy now

Phil

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Yeh that group buy was good.

Supposed to be another in January though if you can wait.

Yeh with the scoops you just leave the deflectors off.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
That's what I'm thinking mate. Just spend abit extra. I take it if I got the one with scoops I would just leave the plastic deflectors off.

I think I'm going for black with white logo. Cause i like it when can see logo at front.

Sweet glad it comes with instructions. Gutted I missed the group buy now

Phil
Speak to Ade.
I think he's running another after the new year.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Ok thanks a lot mate. I'll send him a pm

Do many have the white logo I've not seen many pics of them.
People usually tend to go with the colour of their car. I've seen an RS before with white and it looked smart. I went for fully black S I like the stealth aspect

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
im prob going to be joining the gb in the new year, i prob just get black as doesnt the intercooler not sit directly in the middle of the grill so if you get a logo on it it wont be centre?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
im prob going to be joining the gb in the new year, i prob just get black as doesnt the intercooler not sit directly in the middle of the grill so if you get a logo on it it wont be centre?
Yeah they don't sit centre (really irritates me)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking blue to go with car but can't see blue on black very well. That's why I thought white. Or I think they do a stealthy grey logo now too.

I think the airtec logo sits just below the number plate. May just cut off a small bit at the top.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That will be an option aswell I think. I'll have to get looking for pics.

Just seen a perf blue with white logo on here. Looks good. Took me a while to find it.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Bought mine with the Rs Scoops fitted just before Xmas, Ade done a Group buy, i went for the black with the white logo, still in the box though as i haven't got round to fitting it.

My Mot is up in a month,and my mate does it for me, so i shall ask him to fit the Intercooler for me then, Easier for him to do it on his lift, than me crawling on my back.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish I had a ramp at times. Makes life so much easier haha. Hope another group buy happens soon. I've sent Ade a pm to see if he knows when

1 - 18 of 18 Posts