Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
i remember admiral asking me about which bhp st i had when i first called them

i didnt have a clue, and they asked me the year and told me it only applied to 08 onwards

since coming on here i learned otherwise....but it was something admiral seemed sure of

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
[quote name='white wheels' post='639615' date='10 Jan 2010, 07:55 PM']i had 06 reg st and and the 08 reg seemed to have a nice edge. Like to think it is 240bhp or maybe has more torque... quote]
probably just modded more than yours theres now differance as standard

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Same engine, same power, same figures

Only difference is that the Panther Black paint has less drag so drops the 0-60 to 5.5 seconds

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same engine, same power, same figures

Only difference is that the Panther Black paint has less drag so drops the 0-60 to 5.5 seconds

And 300+ bhp

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 10 Jan 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i remember admiral asking me about which bhp st i had when i first called them

i didnt have a clue, and they asked me the year and told me it only applied to 08 onwards

since coming on here i learned otherwise....but it was something admiral seemed sure of

They were probably referring to the ST260 (mountune) which is an official listing on the Insurance database.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
were you by yourself in the car. ie, did you pull a big fat bird.
seriously though, passengers can make a difference. either that or its been modded.

·
1,285 Posts
This direct from Wikipedia :

Focus ST
Ford Focus "facelift" ST 2008 (Europe) and XR5 2008 (Australia and New Zealand)

In 2005 Ford unveiled a hot hatch version of the Mk 2 Focus. Called Focus ST, and available in either three or five door hatchback variant, the car uses the Ford Duratec ST, a turbocharged 2.5 L 5-cylinder engine producing 225 hp (168 kW; 228 PS). The Ford Focus Mk 2 ST is also known as the XR5 Turbo in the Australian and New Zealand market, but is sold as a five door hatchback only. In 2008 Ford, in conjunction with Mountune Racing, unveiled a power upgrade kit which raises the power output to 260 bhp (190 kW). the kit consists of: a K&N panel filter, larger intercooler and a re-map.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(Jackal @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They were probably referring to the ST260 (mountune) which is an official listing on the Insurance database.this is what i thought, but you can get the montune upgrade on any st cant you?the lady deffo said it was only 08 onwards carsQUOTE(Storm @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In 2008 Ford, in conjunction with Mountune Racing, unveiled a power upgrade kit which raises the power output to 260 bhp (190 kW). the kit consists of: a K&N panel filter, larger intercooler and a re-map.this must be where she got confused then

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>this is what i thought, but you can get the montune upgrade on any st cant you?

the lady deffo said it was only 08 onwards cars

I might be wrong but my understanding was that when it originally got listed it was only for 08 cars onwards, that has recently been corrected to include all the older models as well.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
QUOTE(Jackal @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be wrong but my understanding was that when it originally got listed it was only for 08 cars onwards, that has recently been corrected to include all the older models as well.

Yes that is true. In fact a member on here in conjuction with Mountune managed to get cars modified rather than converted as new added to the ABI database.

And Scott > when we have to quote a Wikipedia entry to answer a question on here we may as well all give up.

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes that is true. In fact a member on here in conjuction with Mountune managed to get cars modified rather than converted as new added to the ABI database.

And Scott > when we have to quote a Wikipedia entry to answer a question on here we may as well all give up.

Just trying to make it easier to solve the discussion

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 10 Jan 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just wondering if any1 knows whether 08 reg and newer have 240bhp instead of the usuall 225bhp??

Depends on who's rollers you put it on !

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
QUOTE(webbyst @ 10 Jan 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Depends on who's rollers you put it on !
The further North you go, the higher the RR figures are. Or the lower the temperature is. Something like that. Nope, it's definitely the RR figures.

Apparently they have a new sophisticated RR up there that runs on 'makeitupium'; basically a clever device inside the RR allows you to tell people whatever they want to hear! What an astonishing device!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts