Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some speakers for my Iphone to use in my workshop and office, only want to spend about £100, but there is so much choice, i don't know where to start?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,450 Posts
A bit over your budget, but really good is the JBL Radial (NOT the Mini Radial)

Got my one just over a year ago for £130, but I think they are a little dearer now. Most people think it is better than the Bose Sound Dock. The remote control works the iPod too.

Check it out and you will be sold on it.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,450 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 15 Dec 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was looking at this one by JBL http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Portable-Louds.../ref=pd_cp_ce_2

Do you think its worth spending a bit more and getting the radial?

For me - definitely. I know you say you only want it for work, but the Radial will be able to be used at home (or anywhere else) too. The Radial is mains powered and will charge the iPod even if the radial is switched off. Looks really funky as well.

When I researched it I listened to lots of docks and I was really blown away with the Radial at the price. Places like John Lewis usually have a good selection on show, and I also found a good selectioon in Dixons and Curreys in my local big shopping centre. John Lewis had the best display though.

In a Which? test only the B&W Zepplin beat it - but for £399!

I think you need to listen to them to make a judgement.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Dabhand16 @ 15 Dec 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For me - definitely. I know you say you only want it for work, but the Radial will be able to be used at home (or anywhere else) too. The Radial is mains powered and will charge the iPod even if the radial is switched off. Looks really funky as well.

When I researched it I listened to lots of docks and I was really blown away with the Radial at the price. Places like John Lewis usually have a good selection on show, and I also found a good selectioon in Dixons and Curreys in my local big shopping centre. John Lewis had the best display though.

In a Which? test only the B&W Zepplin beat it - but for £399!

I think you need to listen to them to make a judgement.
I went into pc world, loads on display but none of them were plugged in, so I had no idea how they sound?
Surely they don't expect you to buy without listening as none of the staff wanted to demo.
Will have a look in john lewis. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.