Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

I've just got an iPod touch from the States and I cannot get the thing to connect in the car consistently. It does so but randomly and is doing my head in. I have tried all combinations of starting/stopping/uinlocking but nothing makes sense! All my old iPods are fine. It's also the same with my friends iPhone so it cant be the fact it was American.

Thanks

Wiggy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im having the exact same problem
altho my Ipod is from the UK. Any answers how to solve or why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.
Ok, it's not a highly technical solution but after a lot of trying it seems to be working 99% of the time. All I do is start the iPod playing, turn the car stereo on then plug the leads into the iPod and then into the connection in the car. Give it 5 seconds and it generally picks it up. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, it's not a highly technical solution but after a lot of trying it seems to be working 99% of the time. All I do is start the iPod playing, turn the car stereo on then plug the leads into the iPod and then into the connection in the car. Give it 5 seconds and it generally picks it up. Hope it helps!
Well i'll try this out tomorrow and hopefully it'll work
I'l let you know and if it works 99% of the time like you said then i'll call you the jesus the miracle man

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wouldn't connect again the other day. I spent more than 2 hours trying different things and then realised I had updated it on iTunes. Randomly the next day I put it on the stereo in the house then when I went out in the car it connected first time.

Nothing 100% sorted yet, just another update!

·
Registered
28 Posts
It wouldn't connect again the other day. I spent more than 2 hours trying different things and then realised I had updated it on iTunes. Randomly the next day I put it on the stereo in the house then when I went out in the car it connected first time.

Nothing 100% sorted yet, just another update!
I have had one or two occassions now where it hasn't connected after trying the steps mentioned before but i just simply unplug the ipod from the cabe then re-connect them. I have a feeling it could be a cable problem because its so rigid it puts a strain on the socket which seems to move a little. Bit of a poor design if you ask me

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem, mine randomly wants to connect. Went to ford today and the guy mentioned somwthing about an update or app that helps the car connect to the ipod.

I am using and iphone, it always charges but just doesnt want to connect most of the time. Sometimes it connects but decides not to play any music aswell. It always works in aux mode however!

Very frustrating!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem, mine randomly wants to connect. Went to ford today and the guy mentioned somwthing about an update or app that helps the car connect to the ipod.

I am using and iphone, it always charges but just doesnt want to connect most of the time. Sometimes it connects but decides not to play any music aswell. It always works in aux mode however!

Very frustrating!!!
Well if you find out any information about any app updates then keep us updated. I have found if you connect the ipod touch a certain way it works 70% of the time instead of 40% but stil not full proof.
I think its mainly because the connection between cable and Ipod touch/iphone wiggles about a bit unlike other ipods, which are more secure.
If you put light but constant pressure on the cable bit that plugs into the ipod (either pushing down or pulling up) that helps but as said only works 70% of the time.

very frustrating +2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.