Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having issues with my screen today where my Iphone4 is having problems working out where my fingers are, which makes texting a frustrating experience to say the least!

its almost two years old, is there anyway to calibrate the screens etc?
I'm also having problems and have had for a while where the home button wont recognise its been pressed.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Been having issues with my screen today where my Iphone4 is having problems working out where my fingers are, which makes texting a frustrating experience to say the least!

its almost two years old, is there anyway to calibrate the screens etc?
I'm also having problems and have had for a while where the home button wont recognise its been pressed.
You haven't accidentally zoomed in ever so slightly? This caused issues on my last phone. The csreen had been zoomed in a tiny amount (and i mean almost unnoticeable) but was enough to cause issues.

As for the home button, again mine stopped working. THere are fixes (use google, non worked for me but mine was water damaged), but a workaround is to go into settings - general - accessibility and turn on assistive touch. This gives you an annoying white icon that can be used as the home button.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, but as an example as your scrolling through stuff if your trying to move slowly the screen wobblesn not the actual screen, the picture

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds like a faulty digitizer it will cost you about £50 to replace or £25 if you can replace it yourself. lots of video clips on youtube that shows you how to replace the screen and digitizer

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for a little more info, its the right hand side of the screen, doesn't always recognise the area your touching, other times it presses slightly either side of what you actually want to press, then if you scroll up or down and hold in one place it wobbles up and down.

would this 100% be the digitizer as I dont want to buy the part to find its not that

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The home button is a common fault mine had to be replaced by apple, there is a fix my mate replaced his, lets face it a 2 year old phone is good, all my mates with HTC and Samsung are getting major issues after 6 months, that's what's stopped me from binning my iPhone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts