Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you sexy ST owners.

A quick question! I've had a little look around the forums and can't seem to find the answer. I'm picking up my new ST-3 on Sat and i'm looking forward to using the bluetooth/USB i've got in it but i'm not sure what cable I need to listen to the music on my Iphone through it, is it a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable??

Muchas gracias to anyone who can help with this newbie question.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome

I dont have the fancy bluetooth & USB in mine so I'm not sure but think you might be able to connect an ipod via usb.

Anyway if not a standard 3.5mm male to male cable as you've said does the job well, I got mine from maplings for about a fiver.

Enjoy and I imagine the wait will almost kill you this week

Get your membership paid and read the modification forums...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
QUOTE(c.b @ 9 Nov 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyway if not a standard 3.5mm male to male cable as you've said does the job well, I got mine from maplings for about a fiver.Exactly the same cable in Tesco is £2.98

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(Daz07 @ 10 Nov 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Exactly the same cable in Tesco is £2.98

if you use the 3.5 - 3.5 cable when set to play music if the phone rings it works as a hands free kit through the speakers.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well that's the first time I've been called sexy

A: the normal iPhone cable that connects to you PC merely charges your iPhone. So as mentioned it's a 3.5mm to 3.5 mm, alternativley if you have the USB port fitted, copy all your music onto a memory stick and leave it in there then control you albums from the head unit SIMPLES, also you are not draining your battery on your phone and it's safer when driving to select your choice fom the head unit

Note: when copying music onto the stick make sure your music files are converted to MP3's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys think I'll just buy a 3.5mm cable can't go wrong then only 2 more sleeps till I pick the best up exciting stuff!

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you have one of the later iPhones you should be able to link up to the head unit via Bluetooth. How's the car anyway?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts