Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend we are going up to the loch ness area for a couple of days and we are taking "rocky" our siberian husky with us(god help us!) and a friend of mine as mentioned that we should becarefull with the dog because of the "ticks" that lurk in the heather, which can easily get into the dogs fur and cause all kinds of problems for the dog, it seems that these blood sucking little ******* carry all kind of disease`s.

any info on this from any members in the inverness/ loch ness ares would be most appreciated

thanks shaun

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Im not from the area you are going to but still have heather up on the hills and my pooch gets everywhere when he is out, tend to find ticks are not a problem in the winter but awful in the summer have to check him everytime he has been out. He usually gets them on his neck and chest area and sometime on his head but fairly easy to remove if he is combed and checked everytime plus he loves the attention

·
Registered
337 Posts
I can highly recommend Dores. Small village 8 miles from Inverness. Nice wee pub on the shore of Loch Ness. Home to the unofficial Nessie Hunter and Rockness. If you are looking for somewhere to stay try www.lochnessselfcatering.co.uk

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i think just to be on the safe side i`ll give the dog a dose of frontline, as for the accomodation we`ve booked in to a hotel in contin b+b that take dogs, the next worry looks like the weather "snow" is the forcast so i`d better take a shovel, i dont think the st will be the most suitable vehicle this weekend "lol"

shaun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Contin's a nice wee place, no much there tho, so i asume your traveling about.
Live in Stornoway on the Westrn Isle, sno there now. Contin road from Inverness no to bad, road gets lost more twisty and bendy further on ...You should be ok, the ploughs run very regular, only rout north to ullapool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts