Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this morning that I can get my pinky in the space between the end of the dashboard/console and the drivers door (to the righ of the air vent). No biggy but I noticed that on the passanger side it is a tiny gap that you would be lucky to get a pencil into

Is this normal?

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 16 Dec 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Noticed this morning that I can get my pinky in the space between the end of the dashboard/console and the drivers door (to the righ of the air vent). No biggy but I noticed that on the passanger side it is a tiny gap that you would be lucky to get a pencil into

Is this normal?

yup, perfectly normal !

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Rich M @ 16 Dec 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mine used to be like this until i had my doors realigned. When looking from the ouside, my passenger side was more in than the drivers side

the doors are flush and I cant see how moving them would make any difference but will recheck that.

·
Registered
795 Posts
In your case then it could be just the door card itself seated better than the other side. If it is and you want to make it better, you could always stick some foam padding behind the door card to push it out abit.

I guess it depends if you can be bothered or not, most people probably wouldn't notice.

·
Registered
795 Posts
QUOTE(NickC @ 16 Dec 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Every Focus I have ever got into has got this problem mate, there is no solution according to Fords!

Rich M may well be talking about exterior allignment.

HTH

Sorry yes I should of said I was reffering to exterior alignment. It was only when it was aligned properly that it looked noticably better inside as the gaps on either side of the dash between the door cards themselves looked more evenly spaced.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had this problem when I pulled off my door cards to put some dynamat down. My passenger side gap was larger then the drivers. Turned out I didn't put the door card back properly by the tweeter enclosure on the drivers side.

Check both door cards to see if they are exactly the same around the tweeter area. If I remember rightly the tweeter enclosure overlaps the door card slightly at the front of the door. Just have a look and you might spot a difference.

·
Registered
699 Posts
how do you remove the doorcars?! im looking to upgrade the front speakers and install some dynamat!

sorry for the slight hijack!

oh btw i have the gaps as well, totally nothing to worry about lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE(RobboST @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how do you remove the doorcars?! im looking to upgrade the front speakers and install some dynamat!

sorry for the slight hijack!

oh btw i have the gaps as well, totally nothing to worry about lol

See this post here:
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=304792

Very helpful and is what I used when I wanted to Dynamat the doors on my ST. BUT don't use a PC expansion port blank as seen in pic #3, I did and all it did was bend and nicely scratch the trim. Just go gentle with a screw driver, it comes off pretty easy.

·
Registered
976 Posts
QUOTE(DeaDSwiTcH @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>See this post here:
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=304792

Very helpful and is what I used when I wanted to Dynamat the doors on my ST. BUT don't use a PC expansion port blank as seen in pic #3, I did and all it did was bend and nicely scratch the trim. Just go gentle with a screw driver, it comes off pretty easy.

You had the same problem then haha

A little tip, if the clips are still on the door after you've removed the door card. Get a hammer, and use the nail extractor to hook onto the clips and lever it off. Make sure you place thick cloth between the the bodywork and the hammer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts