Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased and fitted red led interior light.(Torquesteer)
Thought it might go well with my red footwell lights.
It's like a submarine on red alert now. Dive Dive Dive!!!
I'm still not sure about it though

Anybody else done this who can give me some encouragement or is it just daft?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got red footwell lights on a black car and I think they look great

I was thinking of changing the other interior lights to red also... do they not look very good? Is it just that its all a bit much with so many lights of the same colour?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(xxbazzaxx @ 22 Jan 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got red footwell lights on a black car and I think they look great

I was thinking of changing the other interior lights to red also... do they not look very good? Is it just that its all a bit much with so many lights of the same colour?

Ive got red car so everything inside is red. It's just that the red interior light doesnt seem to be as bright as you would expect. Its all a little too dark and seedy. The footwell lights are a lot better.
I would imagine the blue is a little brighter?

In any case , within a few seconds i can always revert back to normal if it starts bugging me too much

·
Registered
467 Posts
QUOTE(stevelee @ 22 Jan 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Recently purchased and fitted red led interior light.(Torquesteer)
Thought it might go well with my red footwell lights.
It's like a submarine on red alert now. Dive Dive Dive!!!
I'm still not sure about it though

Anybody else done this who can give me some encouragement or is it just daft?

ive got a black st and have all my interior lights in red and even tho not as bright as the white ones still look pretty good

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(rosscopeco13 @ 24 Jan 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the red footwell lights and interior but i took the interior one out as it was no use getting in the car at night as i couldnt see a
thing lol

That's what i mean!!!
Think i might put the old one back in

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I take it back.
After i added a review about these bulbs on the Torquesteer site about how the red bulb was not as bright as i would've expected , i read someone elses comments.
And i apologise to Torquesteer for saying the bulb doesn't seem very bright.
The LED within the bulb was not facing directly down!!!!
Behold!! , i spun the bulb round slightly and yes! , let there be light.

I know! How stupid can ya get!!

Hope this helps someone else!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep im all redded inside..

Got the red floorwell led' bulbs, Led festoon bulb and 2 led map reading bulbs..

Yet to fit the rear interior lamp but yes it will be red too..

I'd agree that the red has no match to the other colours for brightness but i'm still sold with the red..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.