Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the process of changing most of the bulbs to LED's. Been trying to remove the front interior light unit (submarine unit) to change the map reading lights to LED but can't get the unit out. The owners manual isn't very helpful either.

Can anyone help......please

Gjlatz

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Hello all,

I'm in the process of changing most of the bulbs to LED's. Been trying to remove the front interior light unit (submarine unit) to change the map reading lights to LED but can't get the unit out. The owners manual isn't very helpful either.

Can anyone help......please

Gjlatz
i havent done the map lights yet either, the main central one is easy, just pulls out, so im assuming you have done this one already. Ill be interested to know how this is done myself

while on the subject of LED's, anyone done the number plate ones, is it just the 2x screws and replace a festoon style ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havent done the map lights yet either, the main central one is easy, just pulls out, so im assuming you have done this one already. Ill be interested to know how this is done myself

while on the subject of LED's, anyone done the number plate ones, is it just the 2x screws and replace a festoon style ?
Yip, I've done the middle bulb mate and the number plate aswell, your right, it's just the two screws on each side and the unit falls out.

Gjlatz

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The front is held with clips. Perhaps its better to slip your hand in (after you remove the center piece), and by touch try to unlock them. I chickened out on forcing it so i had it done one day that i was at my Ford garage.

Number plate is very easy as mentioned. Unscrew,replace,screw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts