Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
My Father has recently bought a new shape STI TYPE UK 300ps (296bhp)

Interior

Very nice feels a bit more snug than the ST, quality of finish inside are about equal, seats are very nice too (DRAW)

Exterior

Looks a cross between an Astra VXR and a BMW 1 Series take what you will from that but it doesnt really do it for me. (Focus Wins)

Engine Sound

Believe it or not they sound pretty similar the boxer growl vs the ST 5 pot snarl I couldnt pick a winner both sound great....ST is a bit louder I was surprised how quiet the Subaru was. (Focus Wins)

Performance

I was quite surprised by this but on a dry road in a straight line the ST pulls away from it not by a huge amount but it makes noticable ground through 2nd 3rd 4th etc.....I expected the Subaru to be quicker but its not, when driven you can feel the ST feels more lively, it tends to whoosh away with less lag and the engine feels free compared to the Subaru.
From a standing start again dry the Subaru beats the ST off the mark everytime but by the end of 2nd gear its back ahead....although I fear in the WET There would only be one winner in all performance stakes. (Focus Wins)

Also bearing in mind The ST is Running MOD C against a standard STI TYPE UK if the Subaru were to have exhaust Mods PRODRIVE RE-MAP etc it would be knocking around 360 bhp and then it would be bye bye MOD C ST but until that time I sit smug and my dad remains annoyed that his new pride and joy is out performed by the old Ford

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sounds quite a bit like my dad! He's had a couple of Scoobys (UK300 and WR1) followed by an R32 Golf and now a BMW Z4...and FINALLY since getting the ST the Mountune conversion, I can out-torque him!

Words cannot describe my joy

Just hope he doesn't go back to scoobys or I'll be ruined!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Rather have an Evo. A decent FQ car will leave a Mod C ST.

My cousin's got a 53 plate WRX with remap and full exhaust. All noise and no go.

Shame as it sounds like the Earth's ending

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rather have an Evo. A decent FQ car will leave a Mod C ST.

My cousin's got a 53 plate WRX with remap and full exhaust. All noise and no go.

Shame as it sounds like the Earth's ending
Agree but the FQ300 sounds :censored:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts