Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I shall be looking @ a re-map in the future, probably code red, and was wondering if this mod along with a K&N panel filter, would need me to uprate my IC. I've an 07 plate, and I think I read somewhere that the IC was uprated on the 07 model?....is this so?...these are the only mods Im likely to do. Any thoughts and views would be great.

Nige

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You don't need to upgrade the intercooler if you don't want with any engine mods.

BUT i did and it makes a load off difference i fitted a gen tek 3 and i am very happy with it.

The intercooler on the facelift model is a bit bigger than the one on the pre facelift.

Also good choice of ECU upgrade you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
The IC was uprated slightly on the 07 models, but not to the same degree as the aftermarket units available.

With a remap, ideally you should get an aftermarket IC to avoid losing some of those extra horses in the summer months.

·
Registered
327 Posts
same as the vicar says, i had DS remap on my ST3 and was realy impressed then i fitted a Proseries
Airtec gen 3 intercooler,
god the difference was amazing

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Ive got a dream science intercooler.

The ST has a clever ECU and when running temps get hot the ECU backs the power off which likely to get with a re-map so inetcooler would cure this issue

·
Registered
252 Posts
+1 for the 'you need a bigger intercooler' brigade here

I dont think the standard one is that capable even with a stock car in warm weather, and mountune confirmed they found a cooler was needed when running more power.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Makes a hell of a difference when the weather is warmer (did I just say that
) . I went for a PRO Alloy one and it's massive compaired to the standard part!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts