Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at intercooler for some time now.
Basically is it worth spending £500+ on a Forge or Pro-Alloy,
Or should you go for Airtec or R-Sport for under £300?

Currently running Bluefin and want what's best. My upgrading will be stage 3 with AS CAIS, full Milltek res and an IC. But which?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts

Currently running Bluefin and want what's best. My upgrading will be stage 3 with AS CAIS, full Milltek res and an IC. But which?
The Roadsport Stage 1 intercooler will run with your mods easily and is the cheapest, it's not worth paying for a Forge or Pro-Alloy.
I ran the same mods you have now with RS injectors thrown in as well on the Roadsport stage 1 intercooler.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Airtec or roadsport (basically the same) seem to be the most popular and good if your on a budget.

I'm running a Radtec one, pumabuild were selling them for £335 not long ago, they are larger than the airtec/roadsport, so much so that they come up into the top grill too!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

I would say Airtec as the R-Sport is a copy of the Airtec and has no air temp testing stated on there site.

I'm running 388bhp with bigger boost pipes and a Airtec Intercooler.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I went with an Airtec Gen 3 myself with the Rs scoops, got it from a group buy for £289, really couldn't turn that down to be honest.

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
My PRO Alloy one has been fine for many a years

Shame it's got so many dead wasps and other various insect life stuck in it

·
Registered
517 Posts
I went with an Airtec Gen 3 myself with the Rs scoops, got it from a group buy for £289, really couldn't turn that down to be honest.
Does the one with rs scoops fit straight in like the normal gen 3. Or do you have to modify the plastic wind deflectors abit?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Does the one with rs scoops fit straight in like the normal gen 3. Or do you have to modify the plastic wind deflectors abit?
Honestly i havent fitted it yet, but from what i have read, you just remove the plastic wind deflectors, as the intercooler with the Rs scoops, replaces the plastic deflectors.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
im going to keep an eye on this as i will be wanting a intercooler over the next month, prob the end of january, but if a great deal comes up sooner then i will get one sooner, so i would also suggest keeping you eye in the group buy section as there will defo be some going on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts