Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 3dr Focus ST performance blue
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I`m looking at fitting a facelift airbox (and later on an upgrade to rs airbox) but i`m not sure what hoses to buy for the 90* bend between the airbox and maf sensor (looking at keeping the oem location for maf and oem crossover pipe)
Found some MTC ones on ebay but they are out of stock. Also looking at some ProHose ones but those are for group A only
I`m trying to keep an oem looking setup but I want to upgrade the corrugated oem hose due to potential turbulences and errors with the maf. (somthing like Phill did - pic below)

Which is the best option for me?
Thank you!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
You need a 76mm to 70mm 90-degree bend. You should be able to find one on eBay, though you aren't in the UK so I cannot guarantee that.

You will need to trim the pipe to fit.

Airbox end of 70mm and MAF end 76mm. Picture above is a good representation.

You may wish to leave the original flexible connector between the MAF and inlet pipe as this allows you to tilt the MAF for a better fit on to the new pipe.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,065 Posts
You need a 76mm to 70mm 90-degree bend. You should be able to find one on eBay, though you aren't in the UK so I cannot guarantee that.

You will need to trim the pipe to fit.

Airbox end of 70mm and MAF end 76mm. Picture above is a good representation.

You may wish to leave the original flexible connector between the MAF and inlet pipe as this allows you to tilt the MAF for a better fit on to the new pipe.
⬆ What he said , I have one surplus to requirements in my shed if you pay postage I’ll send it to you 👍

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,065 Posts
Yes st,with R/S crossover,R/s Mountune airbox,gen RS slam panel,got the posts,battery bracket,Mountune turbo to crossover hose,R/S vac pipe,st to R/S maf extension cable etc
I’m not sure what size the rs crossover is but I’m 99% sure the hose that comes with the rs airbox will fit it obviously lol I believe it’s a flexi one not silicone or otherwise I have one in my shed if you want me to measure it ?

·
Registered
2007 3dr Focus ST performance blue
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another random question from me, for a friend this time.
RS turbo and standard crossover pipe. What pipe can I use as I understand turbo inlet has different size than standard?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts