Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the website and looks good
! I've not long had my Focus ST but am thinking about getting the Mountune ST260 upgrade, just wondering if there is much of an increase in insurance premium (if any) from others experience.

Also wondering for any recommendations on where to get it done?, i live in between Nottingham and Derby.

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(BlueLightning5047 @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Andy

First off

Second of all I can highly recommend the upgrade - see my thread from a few days ago:

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Mountune-K...770#entry640770

I will be posting a video up soon.

Im 24 and had to pay £224.73 i think it was to change mine over for the maining 6months of my policy.

Think my thread should give you all the answers you are looking for

Dan

Cheers for that, i saw your thread a day or 2 ago when considering the upgrade. Nice one

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Some insurance companies like greenlight who are a site sponsor let you have the upgrade on your policy for free.
Depends if you mid-term through your policy?
Then your kind stuck with insurance company and have to give the dosh over!
But i'm told its well worth it!

As for fitting i'm not sure as I went the Dreamsceience and code:red route.
But i'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help, i've just called the insurance and its an extra 50 quid per year (with Bell) which doesn't seem too bad, just booked the car in to be Mountuned in Ashby tomorrow am!!

Cheers

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(andy.brown0 @ 21 Jan 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all your help, i've just called the insurance and its an extra 50 quid per year (with Bell) which doesn't seem too bad, just booked the car in to be Mountuned in Ashby tomorrow am!!

Cheers
Your £50 fee will probably just be an admin and a slight increase in your premium as your car will become an ST260,I am also with Bell and they recognise the ST1,ST2,ST3-260 as a model now

I am sure you will be happy with the upgrade

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Im with bell aswell - when I got the quote they were the same price and technically they think I have an ST260 already.

Since I new I would be changing it soon (this Saturday) I just said it was an ST260 from the start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to let u know, Mountune 260 fitted on Friday and since then i've been over to North Wales and back which is roughly 50% dual carrageway and 50% A and B roads. All I can say is "awesome", well worth the £50 extra insurance!!
Had it fitted at Ashby, good service. Is was in at 8am and gone by 10am. Very helpful
Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts