Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i,m lost how these insurance companys work there figures out, got my renewal from LV this week £ 890
anyway top marks to luke at sky, got me a good deal and came in £105 cheaper than adrian flux

·
Vendor
708 Posts
Did you try our scheme?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
One word, Cancel!

You have to try Adrian Flux last, they're only good when they have a figure to beat. I found them better than EVERYONE forum sponsors included.

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 1 Feb 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One word, Cancel!

You have to try Adrian Flux last, they're only good when they have a figure to beat. I found them better than EVERYONE forum sponsors included.

+ 1

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hijack a thread, but what are Adrain Flux like for mods etc.? I know Greenlight have an admin charge of £25... just wondering what others charge for that sort of stuff?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(loko @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i,m lost how these insurance companys work there figures out, got my renewal from LV this week £ 890
anyway top marks to luke at sky, got me a good deal and came in £105 cheaper than adrian flux

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
QUOTE(loko @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i,m lost how these insurance companys work there figures out, got my renewal from LV this week £ 890

How did you manage to insure your car with LV in the first place. They don't insure modified cars

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they insure mountune, but not other bits and lets just say i knew my policy would be ending with them shortly so i left it with them till the end, the point of my post wasnt that there price had gone up too much for me to stay with them , rather the fact that i wondered how they work there renewal prices out, i was always leaving them this year regardless, just didnt expect a renewal of nearly 900 quid

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Got my renewal from Greenlight a couple of weeks ago and it had gone down £3 , and that was with the addition of some naughty points in the last 12 months . Renewal price was £472 ..........

As i was renewing i my policy i added the next round of Mods ...i.e Ap 6 pots and Bilstein B8's and there was no charge because i was renewing the policy andnot amending it !!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Insurance companies work on the risk factor of your area. If you've had a spate of car thefts or accident claims in your area over the last 12 months then sadly it affects everyone and even if you've been good the premiums can go up.

Glad you got a satisfactory quote in the end though and at least your mods will be covered

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Don't forget to look at the level of cover you get with Flux. I've heard some people have been left a little underwhelmed by certain elements.

·
Vendor
523 Posts
QUOTE(Gav @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't forget to look at the level of cover you get with Flux. I've heard some people have been left a little underwhelmed by certain elements.

I advise checking what is included with most insurers, especially when buying on the internet. Some companies sell stripped down polices with most of your usual benefits not included. Cheapest may not necessarily be the best, although in this case it seems my company are the cheapest, I can confidently say, we do not scrimp on what is included in our policies.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(SkyInsurance @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I advise checking what is included with most insurers, especially when buying on the internet. Some companies sell stripped down polices with most of your usual benefits not included. Cheapest may not necessarily be the best, although in this case it seems my company are the cheapest, I can confidently say, we do not scrimp on what is included in our policies.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Such as??

I know that I get protected NCB, all mods covered like for like, coutesy car etc, legal cover, yes my excess is £350 but I can live with that (its never been any lower and Ive certainly had alot higher!) 60days EU cover, Mrs Dave covered as well, car contents (ipod etc), Windscreen excess is £50.

What else should i be checking??

·
Vendor
523 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Such as??

I know that I get protected NCB, all mods covered like for like, coutesy car etc, legal cover, yes my excess is £350 but I can live with that (its never been any lower and Ive certainly had alot higher!) 60days EU cover, Mrs Dave covered as well, car contents (ipod etc), Windscreen excess is £50.

What else should i be checking??

It sounds like you've got it well covered there Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts