Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have just purchased an st a few months after my birthday so I have 2 years no claims on my own insurance. I pay 1400 a year. is this good? Is there anyone of a similar age who have got a price similar/quote like this?
Thankyou
Oli

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
That doesn't sound too bad considering your age. A lot on here would recommend Elephant for younger drivers. In fact I'm old and I got a good deal from them

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wow £1400 sounds really good to insure an ST aged 19, in comparison to some people I know! When I was 19 (11years ago) I was paying that to insure a basic Astra. The rest of insurance risk factors i.e where you live etc must be in your favour. Always shop around, try the club sponsors greenlight etc but price sounds good IMO.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am 19 since july bought the car in august and i pay around the same as you. id say for a 19 year old to have a focus st and insure it for 1300-1500 quid is damn good going! considering most are rocking around in golf 1.8t etc nowa days!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am with elephant pal, thats business insurance so i can drive to different sites for work, and 8000 miles a year, dont really get the point in the estimated annual mileage but hey

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sounds good to me. To give you an idea, I was paying £1000 as a 26 year old with 3 years NCB before I found Greenlight who got me a price of £600 with all mods declared

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah i've just got a quote from Elephant, when my renewals up i'll be 20, near on 3 years driving an 1 years no claims that was just under 1400 lost my claims last year due to my boss rear ending my Fiesta ST an he acted a Ass about it -.-

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds about right mate i got mine earlier in the year when i was 19 and paid 1400 (fully comp) for the year with 2 years ncb, that was also with elephant. At this age i dont think you can get it any cheaper

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Don't want to scare you but you ought to look for reviews on insurance companies before you use them. It's all very well that they're cheap but that's no good if they're terrible if you need to claim. My brother-in-law's Q5 was stolen about 18 months ago, they broke into his house and stole the keys. One Quote Direct refused to pay out, saying he hadn't answered the questions on the phone correctly when he bought the policy and that as a resut his policy was void. It's taken him over a year to get a pay out from them, eventually took them to court and got the recording of his call checked. They obviously didn't want to pay out such a large amount. When I did a search on Google for reviews on them they were 90% bad. I know when your're 19 it's hard to find insurance that you can afford, but you need to think about what happens should you need to claim.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My gf pays 1200 on a 1.6 streetka and she's 21, that's only group 11 (or was before they changed it all)

So I'd say that's incredible for an ST.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am and was 20 with 3 years no claims when got my ST and with Elephant this year cost me £1250 fully comp. Next year when I'm 21 with 4 years no claims, i will be looking around £700 on my ST !!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm 23 with 4NCD, annual price was short of £700. Around 8k miles a year, and also put my dad on it as an additional driver; drops the premium quite a bit.

£1400 is good mate!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Yours is cheaper than mine. I pay 1500 with elephant. I'm a year older, a years more ncb, great postcode.

Put my annual mileage as 10000

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm 27 and with Admiral, Elephants sister company, I pay 800 a year with both parents and my girlfriend on my policy with 4 years NCB and 18000 miles, I will be leaving in february to go with greenlight however as the car is at Dreamscience in January to have a personality transplant!

Oops meant to say thats really good considering your 19 mate!

·
Registered
192 Posts
there's a couple of things that makes it massively cheaper:

5000 miles / year
parked on the road
maximum excess
add 2 parents to the policy as names drivers

·
Registered
339 Posts
I used to have it down as being parked in the garage thinking it was cheapest untill i accidently changed it when getting a quote and it dropped by £450

1 - 20 of 39 Posts