Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

Well i got a phone call today from the insurance company dealing with my claim asking me to send in my car docs etc!! i told them that i was told that i didnt need to send in any docs as the car was not getting written off and that it was being repaired,'she then said that the car isnt being fixed until i had sent in these docs'

so i told her that i had spoken to the garage and they said that they were doing the work on the car and that it would be done in about 10 days she then said that she will be phoning the garage to tell them to stop the work on the car which she has done

so anyway i went down to the garage and spoke to the guy down there and he said that my insurance sent out there insurance people to check on the car and that he ok the work to be carried out on the car so whats gone wrong why would 1 person ok the work and another not ok it??. i have now sent the docs but they wont view them until tuesday which i think takes the
as now ill have to wait longer until i get my car back.if these docs were that important they should have notified me sooner not leave it until xmas eve to tell me. just seems to me that they dont communicate with each other

just 1 question y would they want the docs?? rant over

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
As far as im aware they dont need the docs mate !!!

They never did when i had a new rear bumper fitted . Whats the point in you sending them when they can check that you are the registered keeper anyway. For them to repost them back to you, provided they havent lost them in the meantime, waste of time and
customer service from a retarded office worker!!!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
the only reason why they may wan tto see the docs if is say dad was insuring young sons boy racer caras his own and sonbumps it or similar.

Assuming this is not the case I can not see any reason why they need any docs, what exactly did they want i.e. log book, MOT etc?

If I were you ring up on Tuesday, advise you wish to ake a FORMAL COMPLAINT. do not take any fobbing off, speak with th manager or team leader as a minimum, make sure they understand this must be treated as a formal complaint that nust be formaly investigated and responded to if not settled to your satisfaction within 24hrs, you are not just a disatified customer!

remember they have no need and therefore no rights to have these docs or to threaten to slow down the repair becaue or this, this could be taken as a breach of contract.

1 thing to check with the gaage before you ring the insurer to see if the repairs have been delayed/stopped, if they have claim £10 per day (including any weekends) off the insurer on the of failing to treat their customer fairly and breach of contract.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Dennis @ 24 Dec 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the only reason why they may wan tto see the docs if is say dad was insuring young sons boy racer caras his own and sonbumps it or similar.Assuming this is not the case I can not see any reason why they need any docs, what exactly did they want i.e. log book, MOT etc?If I were you ring up on Tuesday, advise you wish to ake a FORMAL COMPLAINT. do not take any fobbing off, speak with th manager or team leader as a minimum, make sure they understand this must be treated as a formal complaint that nust be formaly investigated and responded to if not settled to your satisfaction within 24hrs, you are not just a disatified customer!remember they have no need and therefore no rights to have these docs or to threaten to slow down the repair becaue or this, this could be taken as a breach of contract.1 thing to check with the gaage before you ring the insurer to see if the repairs have been delayed/stopped, if they have claim £10 per day (including any weekends) off the insurer on the of failing to treat their customer fairly and breach of contract.hi m8 the docs that they wanted was the cars V5 logbook,insurance cert,and the paper part of my licence i just think the whole process has been a compleat shambles.they've had my car now for 6 weeks if they left the car to be repaired i would have had it back next week but now ill be lucky 2 have it back this side of january.When i went to the garage the guy said to me that he couldnt understand what was goin on as he was given the go ahead and that the car was 90% compleat but they were told to stop work on the car im so
off about the whole thing.to be fair to the guy at the garage he said go and get the docs that they want bring them here and he will fax them off which is what he did and i have the prof that they got them as well.i will be making a formal complaint about the whole experience as there ment to be a professional company and it seems like its the blind leading the blindQUOTE(RIK @ 24 Dec 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as im aware they dont need the docs mate !!!They never did when i had a new rear bumper fitted . Whats the point in you sending them when they can check that you are the registered keeper anyway. For them to repost them back to you, provided they havent lost them in the meantime, waste of time and
customer service from a retarded office worker!!!hi m8 was ure car stolen as mine was so not sure if that is why they might want the docs but i was told that they only had the docs if the car was a total loss??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts