Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the speaker-looking black box is under the leather gater of the gear stick? It's on the left hand side of the console.

I found it today and wondered what it was for - it doesn't seem to have sound coming from it when I turn up the radio so I guessed it wasn't a speaker.

Is it bluetooth related? Or something completely different?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I don't think it's anything standard as I had my gator off before to remove ashtray and never seen anything like that and will probably be to do with a aftermarket handsfree kit, probably the control box

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Thers no way thats standard, looks a boj DIY effort! Why would someone want to use black sealer to stick a surround sound speaker under the gater???

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 27 Jan 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thers no way thats standard, looks a boj DIY effort! Why would someone want to use black sealer to stick a surround sound speaker under the gater???

I thought the same!

Is it actually a speaker? Cos there's no wires that I can see and no sound comes from it. Might try to remove it if everyones certain its not standard.

I wondered if it was part of the Ford satnav optional system... the satnav was stuck to the windscreen on the drivers side when I bought it. But I never used it - anyone know if that has speakers?

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 27 Jan 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thers no way thats standard, looks a boj DIY effort! Why would someone want to use black sealer to stick a surround sound speaker under the gater???

Definitely not standard as I would have noticed something like that, I was imagining something half the size

How Bizarre

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
erm hope not cause i dont know anything about it and neither did the garage i bought it from .......? if so who or what company would be able to track it ?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Nah definately a satelliete speaker from a surround sound, trust me, open any picture and spot the thread on the top(thats actually the bottom!) its the thread for a mounting wall bracket.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you wanted to a hide a tracker, you'd make it look like it wasn't a tracker wouldn't you?

There is no logical reason for a speaker to be there - Unless perhaps its holding something up/in the right place?

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Wild guess.

Is it one of those 'pay as you drive' insurance things? Fitted by insurance company to track your movements.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In my opinion, looks like a speaker to a hands free kit. control box, if still fitted, is prob behind the stereo or in the recess underneath the glove box.
The good news is the voices arent in your head and it was the car all along!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you have a red led light to the front of your car sweeping back and forth? Are you in fact called Michael Knight and that is actually KITT's voice box?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE(skay1975 @ 27 Jan 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know what the speaker-looking black box is under the leather gater of the gear stick? It's on the left hand side of the console.

I found it today and wondered what it was for - it doesn't seem to have sound coming from it when I turn up the radio so I guessed it wasn't a speaker.

Is it bluetooth related? Or something completely different?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts