Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
855 Posts
i currently have a code red cais fitted on my car, which was fitted by the previous owner rather badly, and doesnt fit properly. there is no bracket holding it up so it is supported by the hoses only, and the clips that hold the end cover on are broken so i have to use one of the big jubilee clips to hold the thing shut.

now do i araldite the thing shut and ask wolfman if i can have a fiting kit or should i buy another kit form him?

or do i try a different make of kit like dsci or ggr?

i know its a bit nerdy but i like having everything how i want on my car

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i currently have a code red cais fitted on my car, which was fitted by the previous owner rather badly, and doesnt fit properly. there is no bracket holding it up so it is supported by the hoses only, and the clips that hold the end cover on are broken so i have to use one of the big jubilee clips to hold the thing shut.

now do i araldite the thing shut and ask wolfman if i can have a fiting kit or should i buy another kit form him?

or do i try a different make of kit like dsci or ggr?

i know its a bit
but i like having everything how i want on my car

I'd say it's a total waste of money switching to the GGR, as it's essentially the same as what you already have.

DSCI will give you a noticeably different induction noise, but performance wise you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Personally, I'd just give Wolfman a shout and get what you have fixed up and working, but that's mainly because I'm the sort of guy who'll try to glue anything back together rather than cough up money for a new part

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would give him a pm and get a new fitting kit or get him to fit it as well. Just come back from there today and service was A+
and i had a K&N gen II on it that hadnt been fitted properly and it could of caused some big problems from rubbing on wires etc

Regards to which one. As everyone else has said, performance gains will be the same as others. If its noise you after then dreamscience is the way forward.

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive pm'd wolfman about the fitting kit, and our resident customer toucher (adam) said he going to try to get a fitting kit for me, so either way it'll get fixed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts