Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if somebody could help me out.

Whilst changing my alternator i broke a pipe which comes off the bottom of the black housing on top of the inlet manifold, its a moulded plastic pipe with 2 rubber bits on either end, this pipe comes off the bottom of the housing along the head then back around by the battery then back in to the thick moulded plastic air intake tube on top of the enging. it tees of down to some form of sensor by the battery, does anyone have any idea what this pipe does or what the sensor is????

Have been in to fords with the pipe and they cant seem to identify it, anyone got any ideas????

Attachments

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Does that pipe possibly tee off and go to the brake servo? looks like it's got a 1-way valve built into it related to doing that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 14 Jan 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does that pipe possibly tee off and go to the brake servo? looks like it's got a 1-way valve built into it related to doing that.

doesnt appear to go to the servo but the guy at fords seemed to think the same that them valves where something to do with the servo i reckon its something to do with emissions???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts