Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Anyone know the part number for the higher flow RS fuel pump, I know some are known to have the same flow as the ST pump but I'm sure I read somewhere there is a specific pump that has an increased flow.

Thanks

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
Not my word's Mike , but Jared's @ Dreamscience

[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]There are several variations of the ST225 pump and 2 RS Mk2 versions RB and RC, the RB RSMK2 pump in the 2009 RS MK2 cars is worse than the STD st225 pump! Also the majority of the ST225 fuel pumps can and do deliver correct AFR, when we install we test the fuel pump pressure and log AFR and if it's one which is not so strong we do recommend the RS MK2 pump from 2010 onwards.[/background]

[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]Ironically if you have added an RSMK2 fuel pump and on the bar code the last 2 letters are RB it will be worse than the ST225 pump you took out so don't be SHOCKED at DS we do test everything and don't just bolkt bits on and hope for the best.[/background]

[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)] [/background]

[email protected]

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Guys

Anyone know the part number for the higher flow RS fuel pump, I know some are known to have the same flow as the ST pump but I'm sure I read somewhere there is a specific pump that has an increased flow.

Thanks

Mike
The RS500 pump is the one people go for.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Guys

Thanks

Mike
I think mountune do one too but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Mike, why do you want an updated pump? It depends if you need more flow or more pressure, which depends whose tune your looking at using?

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going turbo X and although DS say that the standard pump is more than adequate I would rather be safe than sorry so am just looking at what options there are available and have been offered an RS pump for a very good price but it would seem that it wouldn't offer any increases over the standard ST pump so it looks like the AS pump is a good option with an additional fuel regulator to enable me to set the pressure to whats needed as I'm not paying £1800 for a 500 pump

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,077 Posts
I'm going turbo X and although DS say that the standard pump is more than adequate I would rather be safe than sorry so am just looking at what options there are available and have been offered an RS pump for a very good price but it would seem that it wouldn't offer any increases over the standard ST pump so it looks like the AS pump is a good option with an additional fuel regulator to enable me to set the pressure to whats needed as I'm not paying £1800 for a 500 pump
I have been running Turbo X since June Mike , and i like you looked at the pump issue..., but after speaking to Jared at DS when i was last there , the only time that the standard pump will be at it's absolute limit are during the very cold winter months when the air is that much denser....

I had a look at the data log's Jared took from mine after the test run he did , and his comment on the pump was that it was only ' just marginal ' !!!

Although , if someone worked out how to mod the pump cheaply , i would definatly do nine

If it helps , i have a RR print out with AF/R...on a pretty cold day

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
jamsport have just fitted my AS upgrade rs fuel pump and at the moment i have a problem with the fuel gauge,when i full up i dont have a problem but the fuel gauge wont go passed the quarter of a tank,spoke to alan at AS and he said i may have to be a guinea pig as no one has fitted his pump to a pre facelift tank so ive got to go back to jamsport in the next week or two for them to sort it,it may just need just a tweek on the float arm but ill let you no what the problem was

·
Registered
898 Posts
The rs tank is bigger by about 7 litres hence the incorrect reading. You must fit the pump in the same position as the arm from the sender unit can also hit the tank. It should not effect max fill position unless the unit is fitted incorrectly

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The rs tank is bigger by about 7 litres hence the incorrect reading. You must fit the pump in the same position as the arm from the sender unit can also hit the tank. It should not effect max fill position unless the unit is fitted incorrectly
yes mate,dont effect max fill,the other day i checked the trip computer and it read 133 miles left in the tank but still got £68 fuel in so must have been empty

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes mate,dont effect max fill,the other day i checked the trip computer and it read 133 miles left in the tank but still got £68 fuel in so must have been empty
Steve let us know how you get on with this so I know what needs to be done when fitting the AS pump please

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been running Turbo X since June Mike , and i like you looked at the pump issue..., but after speaking to Jared at DS when i was last there , the only time that the standard pump will be at it's absolute limit are during the very cold winter months when the air is that much denser....

I had a look at the data log's Jared took from mine after the test run he did , and his comment on the pump was that it was only ' just marginal ' !!!

Although , if someone worked out how to mod the pump cheaply , i would definatly do nine

If it helps , i have a RR print out with AF/R...on a pretty cold day
Hello mate could i see the AF/R graph along with boost and Bhp and tourqe pls. As i am gettin Turbo x in the new year. Thank you

1 - 20 of 36 Posts