Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
If the car is used on short journeys or driven round town a lot then the water vapour that settles on the engine internals will not boil off and you will end up with that sort of mayo round the filler cap! If theres no sign of coolant levels dropping or oil in the coolant i would suggest taking it for a good thrashing on a regular basis to stop this happening! It will also give you a huge grin whenever you do it!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yep, you can tell who only uses there car for the short trip to work, mines like it this time of the year cos i never get the chance to go anywhere { not without a plough on the front anyway}

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have only driven it a couple times in 2 days for very short trips. Gave it a clean and gave it a good 70mph drive up the motorway, got home and no sign of the gunk.

Les

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(FocusOwner @ 3 Jan 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks. I have only driven it a couple times in 2 days for very short trips. Gave it a clean and gave it a good 70mph drive up the motorway, got home and no sign of the gunk.

Les

glad you got it sorted mate. mine does this every winter! its really common but really worrying wen you first discover it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts