Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, getting a rs clutch in jan and thinking of getting some bushes installed while everything is out.

Can someone let me know what ones I need and links would be helpful.

I want the gear change to be a bit more solid so guessing I need to reduce gearbox movement.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Depending on whether you have the facelift or the pre, you may need to buy a new engine mount as well. The powerflex only fits the facelift, though im sure i heard they were bringing one out for the pre,

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had this done at the same time as the rs clutch, there's hardly any vibration not like the vibra technics one and it feels more positive when changing gear.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
the vibra technics one did give a bit of vibration for a couple of weeks when it was first fitted on mine but not anymore, no clunking and a solid feel to the gear change

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That is the bush kit, you basically remove the torque link from the gear box, force the existing nasty bush out of the unit and then force the new powerflex one into it and then refit it all

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome cheers! I'll ask the pumabuild guys to do it while the clutch is getting sorted!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts