Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i've just taken delivery of my focus st2 2009 from ford direct, i went to insure it today as my 7 days free insurance is coming to an end, and i put in the reg number and it came up as a (st2 260) isnt that the mountune conversion?
i did think to myself the car was to fast to be 225bhp .

it feels faster than my old 290bhp mk1 focus rs .

but ford didnt say anything about it so im confused about it . reg umber am09 apx if anyone can help

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea ST260 is the mountune conversion. I didn't know the registration details would be updated after a mountune conversion though. Would have imagined that you would have to declare it was a 260 rather than have it appear automatically. Can any of the mountune owners confirm this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(colin-mck @ 25 Jan 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea ST260 is the mountune conversion. I didn't know the registration details would be updated after a mountune conversion though. Would have imagined that you would have to declare it was a 260 rather than have it appear automatically. Can any of the mountune owners confirm this?

could it of been factory done?
as mine used to be a ford direct demo car ...
i have gone onto confused.com (as thats where i get my best quotes)
& when i put in the reg number of it, it did automatically come up as a st2 260 ...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Have a look under the bonnet - doesnt the mountune come with a 'non changeable' air filter? I think there is a sticker on the filter box.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
quick way is to take a look at the boost gauge when you put your foot down.
If it boosts to about 1bar or above then its modded.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Contact Mountune, they keep a record of all chassis numbers of cars supplied with the software.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
ST260 Upgrade still shows as available to add to the car on etis. Not sure if this is the case even when it's been done without a Mountuned reg to compare but makes me think it's a boggo ST.

There have been some niggles after all with ST's on the ABI database, weren't all facelifts rated as ST260's for a while?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have just phoned mountune .... unlucky for me it doesnt have it fitted!
but lucky for them as thats where i was going to take it! lol
aparantly its something to do with the insurance companies ...
i just found it strange as that st2 260 automatically comes up when i put my reg ... i cant even pick between that & the normal st2

but oh well i thought it was too good to be true!
lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got cheaper quotes for an 08 plate mountuned car, that a stock 07 plate car that is worth less overall aswell. I had heard some people say that with mountune on the quotes can sometimes be less, I thought they were lying!
weird...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for a mountune car its the same price as a standard st2 any way so im chuffed coz its coming soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts