Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys (or as Lee has made me say, minions
) now we have Xmas and New year out of the way and the whirlwind that is show season isn't for several months I want to see peoples ideas on meets, drives and non ST related meet ups

So get your creative juices flowing and get some ideas down on this thread

We already have:
  • Clints meet on the 31st Jan
  • Choccys G.A.T memorial meet on 21st Feb
  • Chaz' Forest BBQ meet on June 19th
I also want to get another Prescott hill climb meet organised as it was a great day out but that is all down to the Bugatti Club letting us

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
So get your creative juices flowing and get some ideas down on this thread
OK, so my creative juices are flowing

How's about another Breakfast / Bring a Dog meet like we had last year.

We parked up at the beach, people brought their dogs for a run about, I drew pictures in the sand (!) and then we went for a large breakfast.

The sun was shining and a good time was had by all

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
OK, so my creative juices are flowing

How's about another Breakfast / Bring a Dog meet like we had last year.

We parked up at the beach, people brought their dogs for a run about, I drew pictures in the sand (!) and then we went for a large breakfast.

The sun was shining and a good time was had by all
Great minds think alike Donna......

I PM'd Chaz about this a little while ago with a view to resurrecting this meet as a very informal monthly "event". i.e. it would run every month, and those that could come would, and those that couldn't....well......wouldn't!! The point being it didn't need anyone to look after it.

Chaz thought it was a "good idea", and so with our leaders blessing I gave it some more thought.....

It would always be at the same time/date at the same location and those that wanted to roll up could. No need for "is anyone going this month?", or "is this running this month?", because it runs EVERY month.

Sometimes you might only get a couple of people turn up, other times you might get a handful.

The idea being for it to be a friendly, informal, regular meet for old hands/new members to get to know each other, catch up, chew the cud and build some momentum behind some of the bigger meets we want to attend/organise as a region. Nothing beats actual face-to-face chatting for getting stuff organised.....

My only concern was the availability of parking. We lucked out last year using the pub carpark, but I seem to recal it being locked/closed the next time we wanted to use it.

We need to find somewhere we can call our own; that way we don't have to keep reorganising the meeting point - otherwise it defeats the object somewhat.

I was going to take a gander around the area and see if we can find somewhere more accessible to park and then go from there....

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
OK - (Great idea Donna
!!)
Very funny!

Does everyone like Brean, as I believe it was chosen as it is central for most peeps?

I shall have a looky on google maps etc see what's about. It will be fine out of season down there, but you'll have no chance of parking in the summer months - though that's when the big shows are so maybe not such a problem

·
3,942 Posts
Very funny!

Does everyone like Brean, as I believe it was chosen as it is central for most peeps?

I shall have a looky on google maps etc see what's about. It will be fine out of season down there, but you'll have no chance of parking in the summer months - though that's when the big shows are so maybe not such a problem
I think the beach/location/breakfast is a winner - we just need to find somewhere better to park.

Perhaps have a word with the pub landlord?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
How about the Tesco on the outskirts of brean, with a drive down to the beach....

Would this be likely to be a Sunday? (I never get Saturdays off) ... Don't arrange it around me though...

·
3,942 Posts
How about the Tesco on the outskirts of brean, with a drive down to the beach....

Would this be likely to be a Sunday? (I never get Saturdays off) ... Don't arrange it around me though...
Yep - almost certainly going to be a regular Sunday thing, as opposed to a Saturday thing.

Only problem with a drive down to the beach is that it would still necessitate somewhere to park at the beach.

My take on this is that this is a dead simple regular meet at a location within walking distance of the "fried brekky place" in Brean. We meet up, have a chin wag, a bit of brekky, and everyone is home by 11.30am - that way everyone still has the "weekend" to themselves....

It happens every last Sunday of the month - those that want to come do, and those that don't......don't.

Simple. Straightforward. Doesn't need anyone to "organise" it.

I'm sure Donna and I can figure out somewhere half decent to park that we can call our own - we can then go from there.

·
3,942 Posts
OK - I've had a bit of a squiz around (this is a "technical term", and probably isn't what you think
).

There isn't anywhere that is PERFECT in terms of parking.

So - my suggestion is that, for the time being, we revert to Plan A.

i.e. we park round the back of the Seagull Inn, and then go down onto the beach, play with the donkeys, go grab some breakfast (from the "Quick Bite" cafe), have a natter, and be on our merry way (or some permutation or variation.....).

As we get to know the area, it might be that we spot somewhere better to park - if so, we can act accordingly.

I was thinking last Sunday of every month; meet at 9am; everyone "on their way" back home by 11am.......

Unless anyone has strong objections to the this plan, I shall put a post up/new thread with the details.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bit slow on the uptake, but are these meeting actually happening? if so think me and kerry wil be up for it (if i can get her up early on a sunday lol)

Donna fell free to drop me a text when/if the meets happen. As you now kerrys only round the corner, neighbour lol

·
3,942 Posts
Bit slow on the uptake, but are these meeting actually happening? if so think me and kerry wil be up for it (if i can get her up early on a sunday lol)

Donna fell free to drop me a text when/if the meets happen. As you now kerrys only round the corner, neighbour lol
Yep - first one scheduled for end of this month - so you haven't missed out!!

Thread is here --> http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/65910-sw-breakfast-club-official-thread/

Should tell you ALL you need to know!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.