1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Finally dug my
out of the snow and ice to drive to work
on the way there once the car had thoroughly de-iced I gave the windscreen wipers a quick flick. Wish I hadn't now. Drivers side worked but passenger side seemed to be welded to windscreen and didn't move. When I finally got to work I had a quick check and the passenger arm doesn't move at all until the other arm finishes its arc then seems to want to go under the bonnet rather than across the screen ! So the question is - are my wipers mullered, is it a stripped spline, but more to the point is it something I can fix or do I have to take it to the local Fraud dealer

Dave

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
sounds like a spline problem,hopefully the nuts just worked loose in this cold weather as the othewiper was free to turn and passengers one stuck to screen ,could be worth lifting up cover and re tightening the nut on that arm ,but make sure arms are in normal resting position first to locate the problem arm properly .
PS i always make sure my arms are free in this weather before useing them ,just lift up allow to fall back on to screen ,if they dont lift up relatively easy then i spray some de icer on them .

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 7 Jan 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sounds like a spline problem,hopefully the nuts just worked loose in this cold weather as the othewiper was free to turn and passengers one stuck to screen ,could be worth lifting up cover and re tightening the nut on that arm ,but make sure arms are in normal resting position first to locate the problem arm properly .
PS i always make sure my arms are free in this weather before useing them ,just lift up allow to fall back on to screen ,if they dont lift up relatively easy then i spray some de icer on them .

The man is correct - Remove the rubber cover and loosen, reposition (if required) and re tighten the wiper retaining nut using a 15mm spanner

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(dwrowley @ 2 Feb 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Dave
you will nead to have your wipers working just in case your cars covered in mud after the meet on Sunday
see you Sunday
David

You a funny guy
Don't worry David, wipers all back to normal now - and taking a 'car condom' this time so some dirty little
doesn't use my car as target practice again

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.