Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just been given (i say given, twas £50) a double din chinese dvd sat nav system by a mate who has sold his car and its already got a similar thing in it.

I wanna fit it as i've seen it working and its all good etc, but i have no idea about going about it and fitting it. I've been looking through the forum and online websites, etc, but still have no idea about the following:

1. I know i need to get a facia adaptor, but do i need to get one with a cage attached, or do i literally just need the facia as the standard ford cage is standard double din?
2. Has anyone installed one of these units before that can offer advice?

3. How easy is it to run the wires, GPS and TV? Is there room at the back or the unit?

4. Do i need to get an aerial adaptor?

I have a pre face lift st3 with the 6 cd in dash unit.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Im not too sure if the standard ford unit is a standard double din size.

If the unit does not come with its own cage then yes you will need an adaptor with a cage.

Without looking behind my own stereo i would not be able to tell you if the wiring is straightforward. Philjb has changed his stereo so he would be the best one to ask. Drop him a pm and im sure he will be glad to help.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(gxg_romford @ 12 Nov 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All

I have just been given (i say given, twas £50) a double din chinese dvd sat nav system by a mate who has sold his car and its already got a similar thing in it.

I wanna fit it as i've seen it working and its all good etc, but i have no idea about going about it and fitting it. I've been looking through the forum and online websites, etc, but still have no idea about the following:

1. I know i need to get a facia adaptor, but do i need to get one with a cage attached, or do i literally just need the facia as the standard ford cage is standard double din?
2. Has anyone installed one of these units before that can offer advice?

3. How easy is it to run the wires, GPS and TV? Is there room at the back or the unit?

4. Do i need to get an aerial adaptor?

I have a pre face lift st3 with the 6 cd in dash unit.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

You will need a fitting kit and autolead adaptor to fit it in your car. Mine was about £60 from fleebay.
I also got a remote lead so you can still use the steering wheel remote.
not sure about on your head unit, but my gps lead was fixed under the dash.
The only way to tell if you need an arial adaptor is to pull your old one out and look, but i would guess yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.