Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes are getting stupidly dangerous now, so I'm trying to find some appropriate aftermarket types.

Trouble is, I can't find anyone who makes discs and/or pads for the ST.

I have found some Tarox G88s (which, to be honest, I love) but they're ruinously expensive.

Any ideas on where to go?

Matt.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Euro Car Parts, local Motorfactors etc.

those places should all sell aftermarket pattern parts.
In truth it's very rare to find members on here struggling with the standard brakes unless they're taking their ST on track. Then upgrading to AP's etc seems the way forward - can't say any of the aftermarket replacements for the standard discs are any better.

I've run the combo of standard discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads and works well for me without going to the expense of the AP's etc.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
seen a package on ebay for 400 quid which includes front and rear grooved discs with yellow stuff pads and goodridge braided brake lines sounds good.
but does any one recomend them

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I've run EBC red stuff pads suitable for fast road use which worked fine and no apparent fade. I'd buy them again not least because they left no brake dust. It was clear to see when changed back to standard pads (to sell previous car on) and brake dust covered the alloys.
Aren't the yellow ones fast road/track ones?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Got EBC drilled and grooved front and back discs and red stuff pads on mine. slightly better stopping than standard if your going at speed. no brake dust is a bonus. cost about £400-£500 fitted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
just had standard fronts and rears disc and pads plus fluid i painted the calipers, £210 all in
the joys of being in the trade and having good mates in nice workshops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts