Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years away from an st (hav'nt a clue why I got rid), I'm thinking of getting another and ask a few questions that the helpfull people on the forum could answer. This is a new ST 3 I'm after. 1st, I had a 2006 ST 2 from new but, been quite a big framed lad (not quite fatish) with a broad back, I did'nt fit the seat back, base was fine though, the question is, is the leather ST 3 seat any broader? 2nd, does the ST 3 have an i pod plug enabling the use of the remote radio controls to use the i pod, 3 can I have a sunroof as an option and 4, which dealer is helpful and could do a good deal. Hoping to see you at a show or run soon.

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(skiptonst @ 10 Jan 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After 2 years away from an st (hav'nt a clue why I got rid), I'm thinking of getting another and ask a few questions that the helpfull people on the forum could answer. This is a new ST 3 I'm after. 1st, I had a 2006 ST 2 from new but, been quite a big framed lad (not quite fatish) with a broad back, I did'nt fit the seat back, base was fine though, the question is, is the leather ST 3 seat any broader? 2nd, does the ST 3 have an i pod plug enabling the use of the remote radio controls to use the i pod, 3 can I have a sunroof as an option and 4, which dealer is helpful and could do a good deal. Hoping to see you at a show or run soon.

Hello mate, welcome back!!!

The ST3 seat is the same seat but in leather, I don't think its any wider, but it is more comfortable!!

My ST3 does have an iPod plug, but you can;t (in mine anyway) use the remote to change the songs etc.

I don't see why you can;t have a sunroof if your willing to pay for it

I bought mine from my local dealer, but wasn't overly impressed with their service!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Storm, got a mondeo st at moment with a plug for the i pod so sounds like the same set up as yours as you cannot use the remotes and it dos'nt chage it either. I know that the New Kuga has the option to use the remote controls but I dont know if they do the option on the Focus ST. Have tried lots of dealer web sites but can't find one with a full options list, will keep trying though. Will have to find an ST 3 and try the seat, will be nice to get back back behind the wheel again.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Alright trev id try and look out for a high spec pre reg or a 12mth old one mate or youl pay throug the nose matey happy shopping

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xxxx me Largey, are you still out there? Well, I couldnt keep away from 1, will be a hassle trying to find a pre reg but it will be worth it but I'm prepared to take a knock on a new 1 for the right deal, was looking at a Kuga but they're alot of cash for what it is, £26k for the spec I was after, too much for a 136bhp rattly diesel and the social aspect wont be the same as the ST lads, dont want a caravan! Your Mrs blown anything electrical up lately?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
QUOTE(skiptonst @ 10 Jan 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>xxxx me Largey, are you still out there? Well, I couldnt keep away from 1, will be a hassle trying to find a pre reg but it will be worth it but I'm prepared to take a knock on a new 1 for the right deal, was looking at a Kuga but they're alot of cash for what it is, £26k for the spec I was after, too much for a 136bhp rattly diesel and the social aspect wont be the same as the ST lads, dont want a caravan! Your Mrs blown anything electrical up lately?

yeh the
iron
more exspence

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
jsut a thought trev if your going all out to spec up a st3 (new one ) for the price would cost you your all but into send hand 09 plate
money matey and it will hold its money alot more when you get bored again

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
What area are you in? I'm sure there will be someone local to you with an ST-3 who would allow you to try out the seats!

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
In order to get the Ipod to be controlled remotely you will need the BLUETOOTH/USB OPTION AVAILABLE IN CARS BUILT FROM JULY/AUGUST 2008 Onwards.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Daz07 @ 11 Jan 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What area are you in? I'm sure there will be someone local to you with an ST-3 who would allow you to try out the seats!

Skipton, North Yorkshire. If I cant find any STOC members with an ST 3 locally then I,ll have to trawl the dealers. And Largey, have much money do you think I have to insure an RS, you know I work for next to nothing. Anyway, I'd be shixxing myself every time I left it in a car park, I was bad enough when I 1st got the ST

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
QUOTE(skiptonst @ 11 Jan 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Skipton, North Yorkshire. If I cant find any STOC members with an ST 3 locally then I,ll have to trawl the dealers. And Largey, have much money do you think I have to insure an RS, you know I work for next to nothing. Anyway, I'd be shixxing myself every time I left it in a car park, I was bad enough when I 1st got the ST
work for nothing the insurance wouldnt be much more trev and if you got a white or blue rs they dont stand out to much really
QUOTE(largey @ 11 Jan 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
work for nothing the insurance wouldnt be much more trev and if you got a white or blue rs they dont stand out to much really
skipton ford must have a st3 in there was a transporter there today dropping some off

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just got a new ST 3 from Lookers in Sheffield - cant recommnd the salesman highly enough - Paul Fox.

I got the leather seats but the material ones were just as comfy and probably a lot warmer for the first 5 minutes of every day at the minute!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts