Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Banging stage 2 Bluefin on next week with K&N and new intercooler. Hopefully i will see a bit more power.

Asked Jamie @ Superchips if i could run stage 2 on standard ST and this is what he said:

Hi Andy,

If the ambient temps are low then stage 2 would be fine but come summer it will be too hot.

Regards,

Jamie

Also read this on Pumaspeeds website:

BLUEFIN ST225 Stage 2 - Bluefin Easy DIY install.
Transforms the performance completely.
Tuning for the Focus ST225!

If you are using any two of the following you should chose Stage 2 map-

Sport cat / Down Pipe combo
Cold Air Induction System
Cat Back Exhaust
Intercooler

Looking forward to stage 2 now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I recently put stage 2 on mine and its a nice step up from the stage 1!

I haven't got a intercooler yet, but even after a bit of thrashing its still fairly cool, but obviously this is due to the cold weather, ill be getting my intercooler on payday, which as usual, is too far away!

You probably have checked already, but is your cars software up to date to be able to load stage 2 onwards? the 7bug update?
I send them my stock map and they told me I had to update and send everything I needed to do it, they were REALLY helpful!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Il be getting an intercooler by end of feb I connected the laptop and ran elm config the intake air temp was close to 40c when pushing hard so I've returned to standard for now until I got an intercooler lol

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently put stage 2 on mine and its a nice step up from the stage 1!

I haven't got a intercooler yet, but even after a bit of thrashing its still fairly cool, but obviously this is due to the cold weather, ill be getting my intercooler on payday, which as usual, is too far away!

You probably have checked already, but is your cars software up to date to be able to load stage 2 onwards? the 7bug update?
I send them my stock map and they told me I had to update and send everything I needed to do it, they were REALLY helpful!
Yeah had the 7bug updated done about a year ago with all the maps on my pc ready to go, also got the LT remaps too.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike there sent me the debug file as well. I had a minor problem opening the file, which was completely my fault double clicking the map file when I should have run it through the desktop software, but a quick two min call to Superchips HQ and it was all sorted. Great support from them.
Yeah, the service from Superchips is second to none.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh, It was different for me, All I had to do was connect my handunit and it was automatically updated with the new map and the 7Bug update, so never had any files sent to me!
Just plugged in, updated, then followed his instructions on how to load the new 7bug then on with Stage 2

It just seems to keep pulling and pulling much more, and holds its boost for longer matey!
Is there a higher level of boost than stage 1?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The progress bar travels to about 3/4 way then it crashes with

Bluefin Desktop has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close ...... blah blah

and then the whole pc crashes and i have to restart.

tried old versions, new, dif drivers every thing.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

Bluefin Desktop has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close ...... blah blah

Try running the program as administrator.

Stage 2 isnt as ruff as stage 1 but pulls and pulls

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Bloody Hell! Thats not good, i was going to suggest using the old V3 software but if you tried it then i'm stumpted. Maybe need to load the desk top onto someone elses laptop and send the files to them. See if you can load them on that way.

I had a problem with the latest bluefin software, mine did the same only loaded two thirds of the way then crashed, so used V3 and everything was fine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are you running the 64bit version of Win7 matey?
I had problems with my 64Bit version of Win 8 and had to search all over for some proper 64bit drivers, ill have another looky for you if you are.

I plugged it into my 32bit Win8 on my Netbook and it worked first time on there...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts