Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My calipers at the moment are yellow and very tatty...i am looking for a quick tidy up on them for now...has anyone used hammerite on theirs?.....or any heatproof paint from b and q ...gonna get them powder coated when i get time

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My calipers at the moment are yellow and very tatty...i am looking for a quick tidy up on them for now...has anyone used hammerite on theirs?.....or any heatproof paint from b and q ...gonna get them powder coated when i get time
Alot of folk on here have used hammerite before with no problems. Any paint will do tbh as the calipers dont get that warm but better being safe getting heat resistant paint.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one gary cheers pal....like i said its only to tidy them up...cheap and cheerful for now

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
You will find a load of posts on this if you do a search, I used hammerite on mine back in september so can't really say yet how they are holding up.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Nice one! I take it you have take the whole caliper off? Also do u leave to dry over night.
You can leave the caliper on if you have a steady hand. Get a better finish and coat with the caliper off.
I would leave it to dry overnight yes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
nice one gary cheers pal....like i said its only to tidy them up...cheap and cheerful for now
i used the caliper spray paint from halfrauds this time round, took the wheel off and masked everything up that i didn't want to spray, it looks spot on, was well chuffed with the results, looks 100% better than using a brush and took less time

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i used the caliper spray paint from halfrauds this time round, took the wheel off and masked everything up that i didn't want to spray, it looks spot on, was well chuffed with the results, looks 100% better than using a brush and took less time

what was the drying time ?.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts