Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2010 Ford Focus XR5Turbo (ST) Australian model. I've
Just decommissioned my old BA Supercharged ute , no idea what that model is in your country or if it's even a thing .
Before that I had a Twin Turbo AU2 V8 Falcon with a (pre production) Atomic block which I sold as it was seriously dangerous to drive .
So yea just saying hey what's up and over time I'll be basically turning this little toy into very similar to the SR specs .
Sorry to hear about HRH passing but hey you and me have a King now . Not disrespecting the former just looking forwards to going forwards .(this maybe not a thing!)
Mountune basically worked with Ford to make the St (think) so as a tuner box is in the wind I'll be asking ppl's reviews and thoughts on some of the boxes on the market . Leaning towards the BlueSpark unit but knowledge is power so I could grab somethinmg else if there's a consensus .
Anyhoo I GTG so ,
Cheers out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The voices in my head means I'm never alone dude ! lol
Yo , hang foul what's the best tuner box in this part of the World wherever this may be ? I like the looks of the BlueSpark as their fellow who fronts is a nice guy, replies very quickly to emails. .
Be kind rewind .
I got it I see a Union Jack in your Sig Murray Farqwar.
Cheers mate .

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,435 Posts
Personally I'd be staying away from 'tuner boxes', I've seen so many issues caused by them. You're better off getting a properly done remap.

Reactions: NickFST3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the stock ECU adapt to a decent CAI and some small stuff, say ditching the resonator ? I did the tuning solutions for those cars in my first post and many many others this stuff isn't that much of a mystery to me ,it's just my first Focus to work out . That Twin Turbo AU falcon probably had a thousand crank HP , I just kept it fuel fat and made small timing changes , actually fat and conservatively timed it was scary AF . I'll work this thing out .Probably build a torquey motor for it on the side as well , something to tow a Harley around on vacations and all..
Cheers mate .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This guy Tim of https://raptorsc.com.au/ is one of my best mates and lives in the same little town as me, those Xcal things have been his go to for a while now .
I won't go see him at the moment as he's on a time out with me for going down the Trump/Qanonsense/conspiracy garbage rabbit hole thing when his wife got sick just after a Covid shot .
If that link is not Kosher somebody nuke it ,it's not relevant here as we're all Turbocharged I believe . I met a fellow today in my street that stuck the original Corvette motor in a T-bucket an LS something in a 5 series BMW with 2 sets of electronic solutions one for the motor and box the other is the cars ECU , the dude also put a 335 Coyote motor in a van he's a monster , his stuff is awesome .
I thought I was the only mad engineer in my street .
I'll figure it out , just thought there might be a "go to" system I can plug into my lap top and mess with .

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,826 Posts
I had a blue spark box on my old Mercedes 220 CDI, which responded really well, but Diesel engines generally do respond well to tuning boxes, it was well made and did have good support from the manufacturer, I couldn’t comment on one for a petrol engine, but as said, probably best to go for a remap.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,435 Posts
As said - have a browse of the forums. There's a whole heap of info on tuning and modding on here :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts