Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes at long last 9just over 2 years I have replaced our lasses Spacer and panel filter with a CIAS.

I must admit I have only dones this for the look, I am not expecting any real improvement in performance but you never know I may end up eating the many posts I typed recently

I used a BMC CDA I got off ebay for about £60, got some silicon pipes for about £25 a length of mounting steel (the long thin stuff with holes drilled in it) and some jubilee clups, all in cost me about £100

The mounting bracket is underneath the air box so out of sight (I might get a proper one made up know I know size and shape that is needed etc..

I also need to get a proper bracket made to mount the ECU
(can you get 'off the shelf' from anywhere wihtout spending silly £££'s)

Here are some picture I took tonight (yes I know I have got some Jubilee clips missing, I have ordered a load so they all match and they are coming in the post
) and sorry the car is filthy

Attachments

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to admit the car does look much more finished off/purposeful with the extra Carbon and blue but I thoguht I would hear it sucking a lot more just at tickover (the Elise sounds like a hover) it may be to do with the way the inlet hits under/behind loads of platic and grills?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.