Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

On my way back home from work today down a narrow country lane a (quite big) pheasant appeared from nowhere on a corner. It didnt quite run fast enough nor did i have the time to react. With big thud on my bumper i saw it rolling off to my right in the treeline.

Upon getting home and checking where it hit i was greeted with this..

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Absolutley gutted about it. Will this need to be a total respray off my bumper or can i get someone to just respray this section?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They are so damn clumsy!! ive had one hit the middle of my windscreen accelerating 50-60mph in my works van, i bricked it thinking it was coming through the window at that speed. Not sure on the respray side of things, someone who knows more will let you know

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I think that can be quite easily repaired, don't think you'll need to get it all resprayed.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Knocked into 3 of these this year!! And two pigeons on the way to Birmingham airport, bloody wildlife getting in the way of motoring!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The route I take to work is full of them stupid things. Last year one made its way towards my front screen but smacked the A post instead and bounced over the hedge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol funny that, im actually a butcher..

back to the repair side of things, im going to have a scout around a few places on saturday and see what they say about it

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
I hit one the other month, thankfully no damage to the car.

As for the bird, well I think that went to see the man upstairs! Those things are nutters.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Why do I always read pheasants as peasants loI... way thinking poor chap... Lol I ripped off all that lower half of my bumper last week around 10 inch worth clean off.. I have fibreglass and filled it for the time been sprayed it black that was fun when its -3 outside lol...will be fine till summer can hadly tell but I know it's there hence new bumper time in summer and front end respray as its covered in stone chips anyway

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Take it to the people who know mate. No good anyone on here who is not fully qualified making silly statements just for the drama.Good luck .

·
Registered
58 Posts
They are basically suicidal they stand there think to themselves should I cross then carry on thinking about it then just as your about to go past run straight out in front of you bloody kamikaze birds, someone I used to go out with on my bikes with had a dislocated shoulder broken ribs and punctured lung when he hit one at approx 70mph the doctors reckon had it been 6-8 inches higher and a little further to the right and it would have killed him instantly he is a very lucky man to still be here that's for sure most deadly things on two legs they are well apart from women anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my car ten days n hit a badger it crackd bumper n the face plate 2 first garage would only replace bumper n spay was gana b £600 then i went a dif garage n they repaird it n sprayd 4 £340 then £80 on top 4 a new lock cause it broke that 2 bloody animals iv never hit any b4 i got a good car i think must c r nice cars n think rgt hes got plenty doller he can spend sum more lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hit a pheasant on steroids, was the size of an ostrich
, in my blobeye subaru

Thing just stood there staring at me and I was doing about 60mph

Bumper stood up to the impact, feathers allover the radiator and grill though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts