Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please Note: this is a RANT...

I've just had to pay for 2 new tyres on my ST because of the stupid snow which was hiding the kerb at one of those daft chicane things the council put in to slow you down.
The marker bollards are a good foot away from the kerb but I didn't realise this so I managed to clip both nearside tyres.
punctured the front and buckled the rear tyre (big buldge in the sidewall). Luckily the rims are OK (seem quite sturdy given all the pot holes I seem to be hitting). so limped just along the street to the local KwikFit - 2x GoodYear = £305. !!!!!! swear? yes I did!!

I am an **** - I was in a hurry - should have taken my time and given the snow covered bits a wide berth - I have been given an expensive lesson!!

Thanks for reading any of this. Hope you all have safe and uneventful motoring in the year to come!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn't beat yourself up to much, in this season lots of us get caught out, and sometimes we are lucky, and sometimes not so lucky.

I love the SNow, but also hate driving on the stuff, round where i live it gets very little sunlight so you could go ice skating on it after a while.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I nearly did the same the other day mate i was in a rush to get home and tried to squeeze through a gap and managed to clip the kerb,i was kicking myself all the way home dreading getting out of the car to look what damage i had done,luckily and i dont know how but it hasnt done anything to the wheel or the tyre but i have learnt a lesson and i wont be squeezing through any gaps again

·
Registered
124 Posts
You have been given an overly expensive lesson. . .

. . .I needed 3 new tyres when i took mine in and paid £2 less fitted than you did for 2!! Also Goodyears!!! £302! Never go to quick fit!! Lol.

·
Registered
379 Posts
unlucky mate, kwikfit dont have the most competitive pricing! when i was looking for 4 new ones they wanted £700 odd quid for michelins which are a good tyre but i got 4 bridgestones for £420 from STS - they did have a special on the bridgestones tho!

I drive like a granny in the snow.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats gutting mate this weather though always makes it interesting suppose a small mercy it was only rubber and nothing more serious.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I did the same mate, came off on a roundabout and went broadside into the outer kerb. didnt do too much damage but when i checked it over noticed the two front tyres were low, so with replacing them, replacing the tie rod and getting the allignment all reset. Stamped me in at £340

·
Registered
93 Posts
reading this makes me realise how fortunate i have been.
not being able to get my St out since Tuesday before christmas.
just wont do hills covered in snow and ice

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is the ST totally
in the snow (cant get up a small hill without wheel spin and getting stuck)! Doesnt make a difference if the ESP is on or off.

My question is with the ESP off should it grip better without that horrible noise it does, when it thinks its skidding? or is mine broken

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is the ST totally
in the snow (cant get up a small hill without wheel spin and getting stuck)! Doesnt make a difference if the ESP is on or off.

My question is with the ESP off should it grip better without that horrible noise it does, when it thinks its skidding? or is mine broken?

Also like to mention my G/F`s focus zetec has no probs wot so ever getting up hills

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have been saving money with all this snow
I put £50 off fuel in two weeks ago and i still have over half a tank left
Mind you i have not worked out what i have spent on alcohol over last couple week

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
Most modern cars are rubbish in the snow due to todays performance-orientated tyres... nearly everything has wide low-profiles which just skate over snow and cant bite thru it

I remember the old days when my car had skinny 145 - 13 tyres and were fantastic...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts