Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Can i ask if its the camera or my eyes, is the engine meant to look like its tilted on its back?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Just ordered some front b1 brake discs and 4000 yellow pads plus a forge turbo actuator with purple spring so that will be fun to fit.

Anyone fitted one them selfs??

·
Registered
2006 Electric Orange Focus ST3
30 Posts
Mate this job isn’t too bad just a bit fiddly…

Wipers and scuttle panels off.
Crossover pipe off.
Loosen turbo heatshield.
Remove the turbo oil pipe banjo bolt if it’s in the way of the top 10mm actuator bracket mounting bolt.
Undo the actuator arm (10mm spanner).
Undo the two 10mm actuator bracket mounting bolts.
Actuator should now be loose and using a pair of pliers loosen the clamp and pull the rubber hose off or if easier disconnect the hose from the boost solenoid end.

Refitting is the reverse apart from before you connect the actuator arm you need to pre load to 8.5psi depending what map you’re running. Do you have a mityvac or something similar to set the pre load?

This is all from memory so if I’ve missed something I apologise……

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 · (Edited)
Well I started at 7 and finished at 11!! All is working went from the top and bottom as some of the bolts was better to get to. Still not hitting full boost and only 5rpm on modx but the other maps work fine so I think my modx map is a bit funny

Going to call dreamscience Monday see what they say or I may try Collins performance
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive exhaust Silver Material property Nickel Gas
Hood Automotive tire Hat Bag Luggage and bags
Automotive tire Wood Gas Machine Auto part
Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive design

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
So I called Dreamscience Monday about not getting over 5krpm on modx, Guy told me could be the clutch switch so after looking on seems like it could be that.

So ordered a new one a a new blower resister as my blower started being **** one 1 2 and 3

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Fitted the knock sensor Iv had forever and never got round to doing it and found one of the sensors wasn’t even bolted on!!!

changed it anyway and when for a spin and it’s fixed my 5k rev limit so now I’m back to full revs

Plus fitted the new blower resister now it blows me away 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Product Material property Electronic device Cable Font
Car Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle

281 - 300 of 308 Posts