Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Id just like to make it clear that this is not a racing thread right from the outset.

Anyway...

Im getting a few mods together for my ST and eventually hoping for around 290bhp with the aid of an intercooler, 3" downpipe, sports cat and remap.

What i want to know though is in reality what sort of cars will a modded ST keep up with both of the line and rolling start? I know due to the front wheel drive that even with close to 300bhp the ST is somewhat hindered of the line compared to similar cars with 300bhp but RWD or AWD. However with the huge amount of torque that a modded ST can put out i would imagine it can be a bit of an animal on a rolling start eg 2nd gear of a round about or during an overtake.

Hopefully there will be some interesting replies to this

Russ

·
Registered
773 Posts
On the de-restricted part of the Autobahn, we have had our standard one up to 150 with relative ease. I would suspect that the top end of the range wouldn't be much different on a modded one ...it'd just get there quicker!!!

It kept up nicely with some top range Audis.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Theres a rolling start 30-130 day being planned on the forum by Shins, why dont you keep an eye on that for results as quoting speeds/times on here is likely to get you banned even if it is with the best intentions.

I can confirm though that when you need to perform an overtake the ST with mods you list is easily capable of doing the job in just a few seconds

·
Registered
484 Posts
rolling start not very much in normal curcumstances because of the ST's 5pot torque especially when tuned and a wee overboost lol.
standing starts are when you will struggle to get the power down.
ive got roughly 270bhp and trust me its very fast.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
My ST hit 138mph and did the 30-130 in around 29 seconds if I recall. But that was against a pretty strong headwind, another ST there did the 30-130 a few seconds quicker. Our times were similar to the lads with Mk1 Focus RS's and there was a Vectra VXR around those times too. Golf GTi330's were a few seconds quicker again, mid 25's I think.

I'm hoping for better this year, depending on the weather.

To get an impartial comparison have a hunt on the forum for the figures from when EVO magazine tested a Mountune ST and new Focus RS at Bruntingthorpe - I expect their format of times and speeds they record will be common for tests on other cars so that'd give you a fair comparison?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts