Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, managed to break the end of my aerial off (caught garage door) I took it off to inspect but it wont screw back. I tried time and time again threads all ok but because the thread on aerial are at an angle just cant get it to go back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(biggutt @ 17 Jan 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, managed to break the end of my aerial off (caught garage door) I took it off to inspect but it wont screw back. I tried time and time again threads all ok but because the thread on aerial are at an angle just cant get it to go back. Any ideas?

You can buy the screw in bee sting part from fords, not too expensive or try and recut the thread with a die set.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 17 Jan 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can buy the screw in bee sting part from fords, not too expensive or try and recut the thread with a die set.

As I have broken the last 2 inches I dont want to buy a new one if its not necessary, but as I said the threads on both are ok

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(biggutt @ 17 Jan 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As I have broken the last 2 inches I dont want to buy a new one if its not necessary, but as I said the threads on both are ok

Oh i see you just want to screw the broken bit back in ! this may have a left handed screw if you cant start it clockwise?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 17 Jan 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh i see you just want to screw the broken bit back in ! this may have a left handed screw if you cant start it clockwise?

Defo right hand thread. I have a nut and bolt same size, the nut will screw on to aerial and the bolt into the aerial socket, just cant get the aerial to screw back all because its at an angle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(biggutt @ 17 Jan 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Defo right hand thread. I have a nut and bolt same size, the nut will screw on to aerial and the bolt into the aerial socket, just cant get the aerial to screw back all because its at an angle

After looking at a mates fiesta aerial i realised the threaded stub on the aerial should not be at an angle, i have now straightened it and it screws in fine. Shorter aerial does not now catch the garage door, job sorted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts