Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Tried to replace my Starter Motor Yesterday. Its Buried under the Air Box. Has anyone done this job themselves. I could only pull out airbox via the three rubber mounts and disconnnectind the intake pipe. Put still could get enough room to get at starter. I think the air box assy will have to totally come out but I dont know what to take apart to get it out.

Was afraid to go near wiring loom on right handside and all the small tubing on righthand side

If someone can help with a how too would be great. I did a search but no luck.

Also is the starter held in by 2 nuts or 2 bolts. It looks like nuts on a set of studs. On my new starter there Are no studs.

Any help here would be great , or a point me in the right Direction thank you

·
Vendor
2,677 Posts
I Hope this helps...

1. Disconnect battery

2. Remove induction box - you will have to remove the ECU (leave connected) - It might be possible to remove the starter with the air box pulled up - we have never tried it that way.

3. Remove the 2 x 13mm bolts retaining the plastic air box locating mounting

4. Disconcert the live feed to the Starter

5. Remove the two 13mm bolts (with studs on the ends) retaining the starter

6. Remove Starter

Any problems give us a call - 0161 406 9797

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(wolfman @ 23 Nov 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I Hope this helps...

1. Disconnect battery

2. Remove induction box - you will have to remove the ECU (leave connected) - It might be possible to remove the starter with the air box pulled up - we have never tried it that way.

3. Remove the 2 x 13mm bolts retaining the plastic air box locating mounting

4. Disconcert the live feed to the Starter

5. Remove the two 13mm bolts (with studs on the ends) retaining the starter

6. Remove Starter

Any problems give us a call - 0161 406 9797
Thanks for the reply Wolfman, will probally give u a call on it.

Just to check with you The ECU would be the sliver box beside the air filter Rh side looking in. Just remove a couple of screw and remove from Airbox assy.

Also you mention 2 X 13 mm bolts holding airbox mounting is that one of the three mountings at the bottom of Airbox. Or is this at the rh side underneath airbox around where the starter attachs.

There is no need to take off under tray for access as its done all up top correct.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts