Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off al i would like to expres the situation: I live in Bucharest Romania. Here i have a lot of friends with Hot Hatches Megane, Cupra, GTI, VXR etc. but not that many STs.

The problem is that noone has made a powerfull st yet and all of the others make fun of the Ford that it is a slow car.

Now, my car: 07 Electric Orange ST stage 1 superchips with kn panel filter no extra mods yet.

What mods should i do to get that extra advantage i need. I know that it would be difficult to beat on a drag race a stage 3 revo cupra or gti with k04 that pump out 320 whp, but i really would like to beat the 280 lightweght megane rs or the 270 rs tuning megane r26, or the 300 hp VXR.

I had in plan: Mongoose exhaust, dsci induction, airtec intercooler and stage 3+ superchips.

Need advice to what to do to the car using the standard turbo and without loosing the rear seats

Thank you

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(darian @ 23 Jan 2010, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>First off al i would like to expres the situation: I live in Bucharest Romania. Here i have a lot of friends with Hot Hatches Megane, Cupra, GTI, VXR etc. but not that many STs.

The problem is that noone has made a powerfull st yet and all of the others make fun of the Ford that it is a slow car.

Now, my car: 07 Electric Orange ST stage 1 superchips with kn panel filter no extra mods yet.

What mods should i do to get that extra advantage i need. I know that it would be difficult to beat on a drag race a stage 3 revo cupra or gti with k04 that pump out 320 whp, but i really would like to beat the 280 lightweght megane rs or the 270 rs tuning megane r26, or the 300 hp VXR.

I had in plan: Mongoose exhaust, dsci induction, airtec intercooler and stage 3+ superchips.
Need advice to what to do to the car using the standard turbo and without loosing the rear seats

Thank you

If you add those mod's to your ST it will fly!!!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Its all a bit academic comparing car for car like this! If all you are doing is driving in a straight line then i think the ST is never going to be a match for the other cars! Unfortunately the ST suffers from 2 major setbacks....1 it weighs too much 2 its got a real grip issue! I would suggest getting a Quaife ATB differential that will at least help with number2! As for engine tuning go with the mods you have already suggested apart from the exhaust! Spend the money from that on a 3" downpipe and a 100cpi sports cat as these will give you better gains for the money spent! Also invest in some Eibach lowering springs to help with handling then get the other cars on a track with corners and kick their butts!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to tell you that i already have the eibach springs and in plan to buy a set of Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels (the same as the mountune ones) with michelin ps2 to solve some of the grip problems
. Also when i said exhaust a meant a full mongoose turbo back system with decat. I can have a decat in Romania because i only have to pass the MOT once every 2 years and they do not pull you over on the roads to test you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
QUOTE(darian @ 23 Jan 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to tell you that i already have the eibach springs and in plan to buy a set of Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels (the same as the mountune ones) with michelin ps2 to solve some of the grip problems
. Also when i said exhaust a meant a full mongoose turbo back system with decat. I can have a decat in Romania because i only have to pass the MOT once every 2 years and they do not pull you over on the roads to test you.

lucky git on the decat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts