Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How To Fit An Rs Spoiler

685 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Nathan
as the title says, any of you guys done a how to fir the new RS spoiler to the
please it cant be hard, but better safe than sorry eh
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Remove the trim panel under the tailgate to expose the 3 bolts underneath. Remove these and the other two on the outer edge ( 5 in total ). Then there are two clips ( one on each side ) that hold it in place. Lift the spoiler ( another pair of hands is very helpful here ) and disconnect the wiring and the washer jet pipe. Lift away the old spoiler.

Refitting is reversal !!!!!

10 mins tops !!!!
QUOTE(Andy @ 15 Dec 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as the title says, any of you guys done a how to fir the new RS spoiler to the
please it cant be hard, but better safe than sorry eh

Hacksaw, dremel, lots of cable-ties and of course black duct tape.

Job done
See less See more
As Rik says or to add to what Troy used ...some no nails as well
See less See more
Dont worry when tightening the bolts if you hear a crack. Its not the glass cracking but the clips clicking into place - thank god

Also make sure the bolts are tight or you may end up with a water leak.
See less See more
Not the best of pic's but here's some of when Puma Build fitted mine

Unbolting from the inside after removing the plastic cover
Wheel Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

The removal of the OE spoiler
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Naked!
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

All dressed again

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Headlamp

Attachments

See less See more
QUOTE(troy45 @ 15 Dec 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hacksaw, dremel, lots of cable-ties and of course black duct tape.

Job done

if i use this method i could leave the original one on

cheers lads,
See less See more
is there much call for the oe items on ebay, just wondered how much i could sell it for if i buy an RS spoiler
What are the recommended torque settings for the bolts? Don't want a water leak and don't want to break anything
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.