Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at an st3 60 plate at ford and its up for £14500, whats the most id likely to be able to knock off?

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
looked at an st3 60 plate at ford and its up for £14500, whats the most id likely to be able to knock off?
these days main dealers make there money off loans etc.. ur not likely to get anything tbh.. My chap looked at 3 St's before he got his. all 3 at main dealer garages.. the banter the salesmen had was laffable..

when asked how much for cash. they replied "it is what it is, thats the beauty of it!" "the screen price is the price. then you add car tax, warranty and get this £100 just for them to bill you" we walked away laffing. then he bought one privately

they rnt into knocking money off for cash these days

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I wouldn't have thought they would take 1k off. My first ST was at a Vauxhall dealer, they wouldn't shift on price so I wanted tax and warranty thrown in (but they already probably factored this cost in it anyway). May consider more if you're buying it through finance; they will prefer that so maybe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
basically it will be about £280 month for 5 years with £1k deposit, but thats at the 14.5k asking price, so now sure what to do when its finance, gets complicated

basically it will be about £280 month for 5 years with £1k deposit, but thats at the 14.5k asking price, so now sure what to do when its finance, gets complicated

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pay for a valuation, small price if your going to spend 14k on a car. If you do go in just be bold, brazen and have a budget that you stick to. There's plenty more out there for you to buy but there is only one customer in their showroom when your in there so it's up to them to sell you the car. Don't expect loads off though

So you're actually paying nearly 17k for the car. Get a loan with Tesco or someone, around 8% apr

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if you dont t try it on you will never know!....start lower if I were you.....as long as its not Evans halshaw cos they take the
! !....by the time they put their extras on it you talking about another £1500....I mean why would you pay them to hpi it?...they are trying to sell you the car so they should pay for it...it's in their interest....for an 07 plate which was £8500 they wanted £300 a month!!!....I went to a smaller car sales place and the payments are £185 for a £8500 car!! ....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also im wondering if i can make a deal, whether theyd let me put a deposit down and hold the car for a month or 2 while i save £1-2k for the inital deposit?

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
also im wondering if i can make a deal, whether theyd let me put a deposit down and hold the car for a month or 2 while i save £1-2k for the inital deposit?
I think ur being incredibly optimistic. mebbe a few weeks. but they wanna shift the car and make money.

why not wait and save up the deposit first.. there will be others.. or go for one costing less money. plenty out there so shop around

·
Registered
7,372 Posts

Just my 20 pence

Five years is a long time fella.

You'd be better off getting a loan off the bank as opposed to finance.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I hate finance. I know people have their situations, and it's nothing to do with me, but I'd never do £15k finance. As said, 5 years is a long time to be paying for a depreciating car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It might be worth waiting for a few more weeks until you approach them, dealers struggle to sell cars at this time of year. I bought my ST2 mid January this year from a Seat dealer (with Ford servicing centre), it had been in the garage since the end of October, initially at £15k. It was reduced to £14250 at the start of December and then again to £13,000 around the start of Jan!

I spoke to the saleswoman about 2 weeks ago when I was having tyres fitted, their quiet period normally starts at the beginning of November until the end of January but started at the beginning of October this year. They have 3 white RS's in at the moment which have been there at least 6 weeks, I'm considering making an offer during January on one of them!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
if you want a loan try tesco's they were doing them for about 6 per cent when i got mine off them, like said bank loans are better than car finance,if you want to sell up in a few years time it gives you the option of selling private and not getting ripped off with dealers. personally i wouldnt spend 14.5k on a mk2 st, you can get a decent low mileage facelift for around the 11k mark.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You really can struggle to get much knocked off of a main stealer price as has been said its all about finance etc with most , but having said that I did get a years car tax, 4 wheels refurbished, cambelt/waterpump service etc and 4 new boots out of them so shouldn't complain to much lol....

·
Registered
271 Posts
you would be expecting at least £500 off. The car probably stands them 12.5-13k depending on what it was traded in against. 2nd hand cars are usually marked up 1.5-2k on trade in price to allow for warrenty and possible repairs they may have to carry out before they sell it. But i no any car i sell straight would be £250-£500 of finance or no finance

1 - 20 of 35 Posts