Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After previous advice I picked up the offical ford cable to connect my iphone so the music goes via the 3.5 mm jack, the USB charges it and the head unit has full control over the tracks... or at least thats what happens occasionally.

It's paired to the head unit for handsfree calling, however something seems to keep making the music audio go over bluetooth rather than via the 3.5mm jack.

This first happens when you cycle through the CD/AUX button (i.e. you want to get back from Ipod to CD you go via BT on the menu) but as soon as you do this it must tell the phone to change to Bluetooth. From then on unless I turn bluetooth on the Iphone off I dont get any sound from the head unit under the Ipod menu option.

This is annoying when it happens on a drive but it seems to remember this so next time I get in the car, whether I have selected BT on the head unit or not it automatically goes over Bluetooth from the iphone from the start.

My work around at present is to pull out the USB so the phone does not think it is connected to an accessory (which btw is apparently not meant for Iphones as it wants to go into flight mode everytime), select the speaker as the audio device on the iphone and then plug it back in. -great fun at 60mph if I forgot to do it at the start.

Any way to stop it ever using BT for playing music but retain the phone function?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? This is driving me nuts as it is always going back to Bluetooth every time I get back in the car now

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi there i have a very simular problem in my current car with a aftermarket head unit and iphone.
and i never worked out how to do it.

Just ordered a new st3 with bluetooth and USB pack so looks like the pain will carry on!

but its good to no that the cable will charge the ipod!

my just leave my old nano in the glove box then!

sorry i cant help tho but your not on your own!

ben

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit more digging has found this is a common problem with Iphone since you cant disable BT stereo over audio - unless you jailbrake your phone.

Found I can change it back without disconnecting it but still a right PITA. Maybe a future OS upgrade will allow it to be disabled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts