Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a way to hide the pinned threads? In some sections there are several pinned threads which makes it harder to find the new topics as the pinned topics are just not segregated enough from the active topics.

When im browsing a forum i dont have to want to think about looking for the new topics, i want them infront of me.

I cant help but feel that the overal look of the forum, useability and ease of use would be dramatically improved if it were run on vBulletin or at least had the layout changed to make it easier on the eye

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Ive been thinking that, it seems hard to distinguish between the pinned and the new threads.

Im sure in the "old" forum there was a diffining line between the two sections.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
Pruning the pinned topics is something that the staff need to do from time to time.
As Marc said, if you indicate which area is bothering you we can check whether some can be unpinned.

·
Founder (retired)
2,057 Posts
Hi Russ,

Thanks for the feedback, there isnt a way to make the pinned topics more obvious than the label at the beginning of the topic title, however I agree, they can be a bit annoying. We'll make sure the staff do a spring clean across the board to get rid of any old ones.

By the way, good to see someone from Stone on board, we probably live spitting distance away from each other.

Jim

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to the thread. Its nice to see that posts such as this are read and taken onboard. TBH i didnt expect to get a reply

I personally find the General power & mods section, and ecu mapping sections to be particuarly bad. Maybe some of the threads could be merged or have one thread linking to the other threads? Im not sure if this is possible or not

Where about do you live Jim? I live near Alleynes High School although im quite often up Aston Lodge visiting my girlfriend. It seems there's a few members on here from Stoke-on-Trent/Staffordshire area.

·
Founder (retired)
2,057 Posts
Thanks Russ, we'll pay particular attention to those sections

My house is on Aston Lodge, but I live in Cannock at the moment, will keep an eye out for you!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts